Barlowrs Expedition Tacoma Build

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
Clean build thread! Are you involved in Aviation by any chance? The materials you are using make me wonder. (braided sleeving, rivnuts, stainless, etc...)

Edit, just read your profile. I thought so.... :D

LOL. Now you know why the F-35 is over-budget... ;)

barlowrs

Explorer
Now this photo needs to win some kind of award! FANTASTIC!

View attachment 134318

Can you give us particulars on how you did it?

OK so just checked the RAW file, and the specifics of the camera/lens/exposure settings are as follows (I already stated how the lighting was done):

Camera: Nikon D7000
Lens: 35mm F/1.8G
Focus Mode: Manual
AF-Area Mode: Single
AF Fine Tune: Off

Aperture: F/9
Shutter Speed: 30s
Exposure Mode: Manual
Exposure Comp: 0EV
Metering: Matrix
ISO Sensitivity: ISO 800

White Balance: Shade (I always shoot with shade white balance)
High ISO NR: Off
Long Exposure NR: Off
Active D Lighting: Off

Now for all the photo gurus, if you have any advice on doing it better, let me know. I am just starting out and need all the help I can get.

barlowrs

Explorer
I think I like the look of yours over Dave's!

DAVE!!!! IM GONNA QUOTE THIS AND PUT IT IN MY SIGNATURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Uh ohh, don't tell him that! haha...the flippacs should "look" the same, though they are different, his is a short bed and mine is long bed, so his hangs over the cab more than mine. Other than that they should look identical

t4rman

Adventurer
AutoCircuitLowAmpOption.jpg

This is good stuff. I might have to use this one.

barlowrs

Explorer
This is good stuff. I might have to use this one.

That was actually used for simulation so I could determine the current draws for each wire (probe wherever I wanted)....this is a more simplified and user friendly figure of the same circuit, maybe it will be useful as well (its the same circuit, they both do the same thing).

LightWIringScheme.png

The upper portion with 3 relays represents one of the "Auto - On - Off" circuits, so for example, the simulation circuit depicts two of those (one for LED bar and one for lightforces). Ignore the lower circuit with the two relays, that is just for my side lights, standard "On and Off"....I was just using this when I was making the harness so I had to map them all out.

barlowrs

Explorer
I read it in a book (that everyone recommended), and since the guy that wrote the book is better than me, I figured I'd do it too..haha

APolinko

Barlowrs, I've read every page of your build thread. I can't wait to see what kind of intricate interior flippac build you decide on.

Kevin Braun

Mountain Biker
OK so just checked the RAW file, and the specifics of the camera/lens/exposure settings are as follows (I already stated how the lighting was done):

Camera: Nikon D7000
Lens: 35mm F/1.8G
Focus Mode: Manual
AF-Area Mode: Single
AF Fine Tune: Off

Aperture: F/9
Shutter Speed: 30s
Exposure Mode: Manual
Exposure Comp: 0EV
Metering: Matrix
ISO Sensitivity: ISO 800

White Balance: Shade (I always shoot with shade white balance)
High ISO NR: Off
Long Exposure NR: Off
Active D Lighting: Off

Now for all the photo gurus, if you have any advice on doing it better, let me know. I am just starting out and need all the help I can get.

***Photo guru tip: You can also light paint to feature parts of the truck or environment. Since you have a longer shutter speed you can continue walking in the frame and not be captured in the frame. The technique is called light painting, and you will open a new world of photography fun with this one.
You can use a headlamp or flashlight or whatever. Google Eric Curry for some serious talent with layers and photoshop while painting with light.

barlowrs

Explorer
***Photo guru tip: You can also light paint to feature parts of the truck or environment. Since you have a longer shutter speed you can continue walking in the frame and not be captured in the frame. The technique is called light painting, and you will open a new world of photography fun with this one.
You can use a headlamp or flashlight or whatever. Google Eric Curry for some serious talent with layers and photoshop while painting with light.

You can walk in the frame? wouldnt you be a ghost then? May have to try this. I do light painting, but from outside the frame with headlamps, flashlights, etc. Thanks for the tip...gonna give it a try next time I'm out

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94