Barlowrs Expedition Tacoma Build

jwenzel92

I'm about to buy my OME kit with TC UCAs. I'm getting 886 with Dakars and the full kit. What exactly does the 10mm enhancer do? I was thinking of getting the trim packer to correct for the taco lean.

Costman13

Adventurer
The enhancer gives another bit of additional height. Try are meant to be used after the springs begin to sag. I Wouk recommend not using them prior to breaking in your coils. I have them on my 02 Tacoma and they are just too much. Both too stiff and too tall for the CV's.

colodak

Adventurer
I have never heard of a license for CB, but that may be true…I know I don’t have one and I use CB from time to time,

The Morse code is true though. The licenses have been consolidated and revamped recently (actually a while back now..man I’m getting old).
For example, when I got my license, there were novice, Technician, General, advanced and amateur extra classifications (I think there was a tech plus class too, if I remember right). I got a tech license, which DID require Morse code. That was by far the hardest part of the test. Now days, there is only Technician, General and Amateur Extra and the tech class no longer requires code.

many many moons ago, as in the 70's and early 80's, you had to have a license to operate a CB, much like the dinosaurs, that too is extinct. IIRC you stopped being able to apply for them in the late 90's.

jwenzel92

The enhancer gives another bit of additional height. Try are meant to be used after the springs begin to sag. I Wouk recommend not using them prior to breaking in your coils. I have them on my 02 Tacoma and they are just too much. Both too stiff and too tall for the CV's.

Sorry which part are meant for when the springs begin to sag?

jwenzel92

Do you have any pictures of where your Cobra 75 is mounted inside? I saw that you can unhook it whenever you want, but when you have it all hooked up where does the handset sit?

kalieaire

Observer
Is there any particular reason why you went with AT instead of dealing direct with FRP? I saw the price list and I think that going through AT is more than double going through FRP.

barlowrs

Explorer

Ruck

I actually just joined EP to comment on this thread. I just binge-read the whole thing like an absolute fanboy. It really strikes a chord with me as a fellow mechanical engineer. You do things the way I do things: meticulously.

I've recently become absorbed with the idea of building a family expedition vehicle for me, my wife, daughter, and the mutt. It will also be my daily driver. When I settled on the Gen2 Tacoma, I started trolling around for inspiration, and you've provided more than a little of that. Thanks for the detail, I'll be referencing a lot of this I'm sure. I've thought about doing similar documentation (thread, blog, something) but had assumed no one would care to read it. After the time I just spent reading yours I am rethinking this.

kalieaire

Observer
Hey Dood.

Any updates recently? I wanted to see if you had any brilliant ideas for your bed buildout that I could steal since we have the same 6-foot beds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier