Barn Door for JK factory hardtops

jscherb

Expedition Leader
Installed the grille this morning. It's raining and I've got the top down so garage shots will have to do for now.

GrilleInstalled_zpsx3hxbl9f.jpg

GrilleInstalled1_zpsj89lnee6.jpg

GrilleInstalled2_zpsq1n5cyuv.jpg

GrilleInstalled3_zpssfajv3hs.jpg

Presto88

Adventurer
Not sure who "he" is, so I'll assume it's me. I found the mesh on eBay from a seller from China. The listing is no longer available but it looks the same as this one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/13-x-40-Ca...129388?hash=item25dda15b6c:g:i1wAAOSw57ZcdlR2. There are lots of similar meshes on eBay in both black and aluminum.
Sorry, Jeff, for some reason I thought that you were working on a Jeep belonging to a friend.

It's hard for us to keep track of all your Jeeps!

Thanks for the link.

jscherb

Expedition Leader
Sorry, Jeff, for some reason I thought that you were working on a Jeep belonging to a friend.

It's hard for us to keep track of all your Jeeps!

Thanks for the link.
Maybe this photo will help... I've had these 3 Jeeps for years - the pickup I built in 2008, I bought the black LJ in 2009 and the newest one is the JKU which I've had for a little over 4 years. I've temporarily got the Dune 2-door, I bought that two months ago for my son Robert. I've been doing some upgrades on the 2dr and using it for some design projects and in about a month I'll turn it over to him.

Fleet3_zpsarbnio1x.jpg

As long as I'm itemizing the fleet, I've also got two trailers. There are several different camper tops and other lids I've got for them but in this photo they've just got tonneau covers installed.

Fleet1b_zpsxjz2fmrz.jpg

jscherb

Expedition Leader
Those grills look great Jeff. I love the black accent for the dune 2 door.

Thanks Donny. I'm really happy with how these grilles look and fit.

The black was Robert's choice, my original plan was to do the grille in Dune but he overruled me. I do think he made a good choice though.

I think I'll have the 2dr about 4 more weeks, then Robert gets it. I've got a few more 2dr product designs I want to do before I have to hand over the Jeep so I've got to get moving on the design work.

rubicon91

Explorer
Thanks Donny. I'm really happy with how these grilles look and fit.

The black was Robert's choice, my original plan was to do the grille in Dune but he overruled me. I do think he made a good choice though.

I think I'll have the 2dr about 4 more weeks, then Robert gets it. I've got a few more 2dr product designs I want to do before I have to hand over the Jeep so I've got to get moving on the design work.
Well you always know if you have something to test out after its gone there is a 2 door in FL that is all yours to utilize. Hope you are doing well!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

jscherb

Expedition Leader
Ha the other jeep most of the time is my 4 door that makes its way into his posts. It has the barn door and the cutlery keeper on it

9bbd0955426540ce91e9509ad7d0efde.jpg
You and Robert will have something in common now - your Jeep and his are the only two Jeeps besides mine that have parts I personally made on them. Lots of Jeeps (thousands actually) have parts on them that I designed, but only mine, yours and Roberts have parts I made myself :).

jscherb

Expedition Leader
Well you always know if you have something to test out after its gone there is a 2 door in FL that is all yours to utilize. Hope you are doing well!!
It may be that I'll get the designs done for the 2dr but not finish the fabrication until after he claims his Jeep, so you may need to test some things for me, thanks.

rubicon91

Explorer
It may be that I'll get the designs done for the 2dr but not finish the fabrication until after he claims his Jeep, so you may need to test some things for me, thanks.
It's all yours whenever in fact now that I have 2 down here you could just fly in and not worry about driving hahaha but we know that Won t be the case

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier