Barrier between subframe and composit hab box

Madoxen

Hi all have been wondering what you guys have used if anything between the steel subframe and the habitation box.

Wasnt sure if something thin and rubbery was going to be needed sandwiched between the 2. Or maybe like a damp corse type product.

Looking forward to ur ideas and suggestions
Thanks

nathane

I have 8mm rubber on the ladder design subframe under my box. The container lock corner mounts on the box stand proud (low) by 8mm so the hard mounting points are in direct contact metal to metal.

Madoxen

Thanks Nathan have you ever looked to see if there has been any where/reduction of metal at the hard contact point.

nathane

Thanks Nathan have you ever looked to see if there has been any where/reduction of metal at the hard contact point.

Too early to tell for me. I'm working on the basis that the container lock mount and sockets are designed for direct interface and many more miles of use than mine will ever experience.

Madoxen

20mm HDPE between the chassis and body frame. 2 solid rear mounts and 5 spring mounts each side.

And what do you have between the body frame and the body/hab box (to protect the body from the steel frame /vibrations etc

BLC392

Hi Madoxen,

For the chassis to subframe, I used 25mm HDPE x 100m width. The 25mm thickness allowed for counterboring for both the chassis rivets and subframe fasteners to recess into.

The subframe to habitat box, I used copious amounts of sikaflex.

Brendan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior