Baseboard heat or other radiant heat with no fan using espar for heat source.

bahncamperworks

Supporting Sponsor: Bahn Camper Works
Bahn campers works can probably explain it better, there are two or three large finned heat exchangers (Alde calls them "convectors") down each side of the van, behind the cabinets. There are vents along the floor and along the top of the cabinets to let the warm air circulate naturally based on convection.

https://www.alde.us/what-is-alde/

http://www.alde.co.uk/design.php#siting

View attachment 434696

I wish my hydronic heat was tied into the engine coolant as well (either directly or through a liquid to liquid heat exchanger)
http://roadtreking.com/alde-hydronic-system-works/
You got it! The image from the Alde site shows what they recommend.

Davidl13- The big difference is the hydronic heater vs. the forced air unit. The hydronic unit heats coolant to ~175*F and then circulates it through a series of heat exchangers. We can install forced convectors (radiators with computer fans) to help bring the temp in the camper up quickly but once the camper is heat soaked the circulation pump is all that is needed. The pump is virtually silent- no more waking to the fan/heater kicking on throughout the night. It should be noted that the forced air units will bring a camper up to temp faster. Hope this helps!
-Ryan

You got it! The image from the Alde site shows what they recommend.

Davidl13- The big difference is the hydronic heater vs. the forced air unit. The hydronic unit heats coolant to ~175*F and then circulates it through a series of heat exchangers. We can install forced convectors (radiators with computer fans) to help bring the temp in the camper up quickly but once the camper is heat soaked the circulation pump is all that is needed. The pump is virtually silent- no more waking to the fan/heater kicking on throughout the night. It should be noted that the forced air units will bring a camper up to temp faster. Hope this helps!
-Ryan
I like what I am hearing... Or not hearing that is..... Perhaps a trip to hood river is in my future...

bahncamperworks

Supporting Sponsor: Bahn Camper Works
I like what I am hearing... Or not hearing that is..... Perhaps a trip to hood river is in my future...
Here are a few shots from a recent build. The convectors are placed inside the black sheet metal cover. The grating allows for natural convection to extract the heat from the convector. The placement behind the seating and under the window also gives a very comfortable/warm feeling when seated- the heat comes up from the back of the seat and you feel it on your upper back and neck. I also threw in a shot of the outside because... well... It's pretty unique...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Interesting build, will you be showing at overland expo in the spring?

Have you tested in sub zero temps? I live in Montana... -20 is common, -60 happens...

Espar airtronic kept me warm in -60... Do you know what this is capable of?