Bathing Question

Shua

Hey guys! First time forum member here. Thank you for having me as a member of this group! I have a question regarding bathing. What do you all use for bathing purposes in your overloading vehicle, camper or RV? I am interested in getting a Teardrop Trailer, but want a good showering system to bring a long with it. Space is a concern, so I do not want to have a large solar bag. It just takes up too much space in regards to bringing water with me. Any ideas or thoughts?

shade

Welcome to ExPo! ?

What do you all use for bathing purposes in your overloading vehicle, camper or RV?
Well put.

If you want to move beyond a washcloth and a small pot of hot water, how much water do you want to use? Two low tech, low cost solutions that are also water efficient: a backpacking sized solar shower that's gravity fed, or a small garden sprayer, painted black.

Shua

Welcome to ExPo! ?

Well put.

If you want to move beyond a washcloth and a small pot of hot water, how much water do you want to use? Two low tech, low cost solutions that are also water efficient: a backpacking sized solar shower that's gravity fed, or a small garden sprayer, painted black.
I am not a fan of the solar showers that are gravity fed. They are too time consuming to warm the water up. Plus, depending on the cloud cover you stand a chance of not getting a hot shower. Im hoping to find something that uses the littlest amount of water as possible, as I do not want to waste my resources when out in nature.

shade

shade

I am not a fan of the solar showers that are gravity fed. They are too time consuming to warm the water up. Plus, depending on the cloud cover you stand a chance of not getting a hot shower. Im hoping to find something that uses the littlest amount of water as possible, as I do not want to waste my resources when out in nature.
There's the Zodi Extreme above, which is about a simple as it gets. Another option would be to use a plastic garden sprayer, and add water heated on a cooking stove or campfire.

What's your water budget? That may help define what kind of shower system makes sense.

Last edited:

billum v2.0

I've used this for the past 5 years, works surprisingly well. No moving parts/gaskets/seals/pressurization to deal with. No need for sun. Heat a pan of water and Viola! Need a rush of spray, just give bottle a squeeze.

A 1 liter bottle gets me fully showered/hair washed/shave. Wife needs bottle and a half. A 2 liter bottle gets a bit unsteady to hold over your head.

Last edited:

alia176

Explorer

I am a HUGE fan of solar shower bags because they're easy to put away when not in use and requires zero tech. Rarely do I have time to let a solar bag sit in the sun for hours so I'll just add one or two jetboil containers of hot water into the bag to mix with ambient temp water. My 80 series has a Helton heat exchanger but I got tired of dealing with pump/hoses/cans and the setup. The camper has a L5 Ecotemp instant water heater but I don't use it either as it tends to waste water.

Shower bags make you conserve water, but not as convenient as a higher tech solution and they take up hardly any space when rolled up. I play in the Southwest so access to natural water sources isn't common for me so I have to carry water. Camper has a 20g capacity tank, the 80 has 10g non potable and 5g potable water hauling ability.

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
Yeah, I understand you said “no solar showers” but have you grokked these roof top hardsided units?
Putting one on your teardrop’s roof solves the “use of space” issue. They have all day to heat up too!581A35EC-8E6C-4310-BDCD-8159089E4760.jpeg

prerunner93

My setup:
- Water source - either Jerry cans, rear bumper, or i have 30ft. of RV water hose w/ a particulate strainer and a micron filter (just bathing not drinking)
- Portable tankless water heater
- 5lb propane tank
- 3.2 gpm RV water pump

The whole setup fits into a Wolf Pack box w/ an extended lid. It will heat ambient water temp to about + 40-50deg F at least.
1587154624868.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles