Bathing Question

D

Deleted member 215671

Baby wipes and wash clothes with two little plastic containers. one for clean water and one for little soapy water (bio degradable) not sure how friendly it is but it doesn't seem to kill any grass at least. Cheaprvliving has a great video on youtube about various methods, pros and cons and very informative and practical. But babywipes and two clothes have worked for me for years unless im by a lake during warmer weather.

Reactions: WVI

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
It certainly depends on your travel mode...

More full time or full time, or those that are simply more weight/water conscious, will shower less and sponge bath/baby wipe more.

More weekend warrior types will shower more.

Personally, we bring a simple pressure tank for showers, but only use it about once a week for a legit shower.
Daily is a sponge bath/ wipe down.

Also depends upon season.... winter time, I never use the pressure tank ?

1000arms

We still do hot spring trips in 10 below :ROFLMAO: ...

That doesn't count, you aren't breaking the ice to get in to cold water. :cool:

It does sound good though, especially with a cold beer in at least one hand.

Air is so darn dry you dont even need a towel.... you instantly dry when you get out!

I've been in air like that in ID, MT, WY. Very different than Maine, NH, VT. The dry snow out there is very different than the wet and heavy east coast snow.

For the OP, swimming is one thing, but please don't bathe in, or near, streams, rivers, lakes, etc with soap. You may already know this, but, it is important to state it.

Last edited:

Peter_n_Margaret

Adventurer
We had a low tech shower pre motorhome.
It was a 10L bucket with a hose QC connection out the side that lead to a shower head with on/off switch.
Put 5L of hot water (heated on the stove) in the bucket, top up with cold, stand bucket on vehicle roof and shower. No enclosure needed in the bush.
The bucket also served other purposes, so only a shower head and a short hose was the "extra" gear.
With practice it is possible to have a good shower from 5L of water.
Cheers,
Peter
OKA196 motorhome

JonoTroopy

@Shua The Geyser System may not be as foldable as the gravity bag, but it consumes less than 1 gallon over 7 minutes. This saves tons of water space and weight (which is important to distribute correctly in teardrops). Most importantly, it's hot and ready in as little as 5 minutes with a camping stove.

Tourig Instagram Shot.jpgGeyser By Itself.JPG

krick3tt

Adventurer
watched the vid, no explanation of how to use/fill it and was sped up to so fast that it was useless. for the $$$ it could have been a better sell.

george441

Hey guys! First time forum member here. Thank you for having me as a member of this group! I have a question regarding bathing. What do you all use for bathing purposes in your overloading vehicle, camper or RV? I am interested in getting a Teardrop Trailer, but want a good showering system to bring a long with it. Space is a concern, so I do not want to have a large solar bag. It just takes up too much space in regards to bringing water with me. Any ideas or thoughts?
Welcome to the community bro,...
Pleased to meet with you i am also new here.
I am using Zodi Extreme S/C. It's easy to use you may try.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94