bathrooms?

Snowrydr01

Observer
Im not a slide in person (doesnt exactly work with a tj ) But my parents are starting to look for one and wanted to know if there are any that had bathroom?

Its going on a 99 dodge extended cab extended bed so length shouldnt be an issue.

Spur

Adventurer
What's their definition of a bathroom? There are lots of options for a toilet, but an interior shower is less common.

DanoT

Observer
Check out Coyote RV, builders of the Phoenix camper. They custom build aluminum frame pop ups.

I will probably get them to build an 8.5' camper for me with a shower stall. I'm going to do some extreme winter camping at ski area parking lots so I am not going to get shower plumbing. Instead I will shower using a garden type hand pump pressure tank sprayer with water heated on the stove. This set up with a removable porti potti toilet will have a shower drain/gray water holding tank as a floor. The shower stall will also be a "dry room" for wet clothes.

Marc1

Observer
Check out XPCamper. Casette toilet with hot water shower thats big enough for a 250 pounder. This camper is a game changer which nothing out there can compare too. :ylsmoke:

http://www.xpcamper.com

Last edited:

moosetags

Outfitter, Hallmark, and Coyote all make pop-up truck camper models with wet baths (inside shower and toilet) with black and gray waste water tanks.

Brian

chris_the_wrench

Fixer & Builder of Things
We bought a 8'6" Lance camper used last year while I continue to plan our ultimate camper. Ours has a wet bath(shower, toilet and sink). I thought the shower was overkill but I soon found it to be great. Nothing like a hot shower after a day of snowshoeing in sub zero weather while we camp in comfort the night. Also my wife does quite a few running races and she has used it countless times in some suburban strip-mall to clean up after a race.

I'm 6'3" and I have to do a weird diagonal squat to use the shower.

-Chris

ETAV8R

Founder of D.E.R.P.
Check out XPCamper. Casette toilet with hot water shower thats big enough for a 250 pounder. This camper is a game changer which nothing out there can compare too. :ylsmoke:
http://www.xpcamper.com

Now that is pretty cool.

edit: Just checked out their site and that camper seems very well equipped. One day when I need more room and creature comforts that may be the way to go on a Tundra. Too bad Tundras don't come with as many bells/whistles for off road use that the Tacomas do. Yes I'm partial to Toyota vehicles.

edit2: Of course should I win the lottery an Earthroamer would be on the list.

Last edited:

CJCA

Adventurer
Check out XPCamper. Casette toilet with hot water shower thats big enough for a 250 pounder. This camper is a game changer which nothing out there can compare too.

For the price maybe. Much better campers out there for less money. $47,000.00 for a base camper is a bit much. And resale value for a one off camper is close to nil.

ETAV8R

Founder of D.E.R.P.
For the price maybe. Much better campers out there for less money. $47,000.00 for a base camper is a bit much. And resale value for a one off camper is close to nil.

Where does the 47k come from? Camper and truck price I assume. These arent one off campers since it is a company which produces them AFAIK. Which camper brands are you referring to that are better/cheaper? Just curious.

CJCA

Adventurer
From their website @ http://www.xpcamper.com/ $47k for a base model camper only. No truck included.

Building one camper does not a well known camper manufacturer make. When the company folds in a year or two no one will recognize the brand name and resale value will play out accordingly. FWC and ATC are a much better value for the dollars spent. If I was approaching the kind of money asked, I’d ante up a bit more for a Sportsmobile.

ETAV8R

Founder of D.E.R.P.
http://www.xpcamper.com/price-specs.html
Prices start at 23,5K but move all the way up to 58K. I also noticed the San Francisco sales tax on the PDF sheet. Gotta love crappy CA taxation. No wonder we can't keep companies and business here.
I'm not here to make an arguement on behalf of xpcampers. They seem like a cool design. More competition is better. Who knows if they will fold.

Unfortunately Tundras aren't up to the task to handle one of these. Regardless, if I had the money and want for one of these, a lot of shopping and comparison would be in the works.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior