Be Change LLC to Relaunch XPCamper V1 in March

lanceatm

Founder and CEO of EarthCruiser
Cab chassis is different for sure.
We have recently built/building both cab chassis and ute ( sorry pick up) CAB CHASSIS F350 EXD EARTHCRUISER0.JPG

Nimbl Vehicles

Freedom to Roam
Well there you go - thanks Lance and rruff! Definite difference (though both are a mix of boxed and C channel). Makes sense since those flat and parallel frame rails make mounting easy for upfitters trying to bolt on a service body or whatever.

Mounting our flatbed to the pickup is a bit of a hassle since the pickup bed mounts aren't level or parallel with each other front to back. Now that we have it laid out in CAD it is fine but we had to dust off our rulers and protractors to figure it out. :)

ESY-054016692.jpg

1000arms

Well there you go - thanks Lance and rruff! Definite difference (though both are a mix of boxed and C channel). Makes sense since those flat and parallel frame rails make mounting easy for upfitters trying to bolt on a service body or whatever.

Mounting our flatbed to the pickup is a bit of a hassle since the pickup bed mounts aren't level or parallel with each other front to back. Now that we have it laid out in CAD it is fine but we had to dust off our rulers and protractors to figure it out. :)

I think the 2017+ F350 pickup truck frames are fully boxed for the rigidity, which, I suspect, is one of the reasons you are using the F350 pickup trucks. http://www.mattford.com/blog/2017-ford-super-duty-fully-boxed-frame/

Last edited:

lanceatm

Founder and CEO of EarthCruiser

View attachment 579801
Ford offer superb CAD files for registered vehicle builders, don’t go the hassle drawing up your self, easy enough to do but has real disadvantages. Get there’s if you can , they have regular updates and can help with axle weights and electrical systems etc. Things change all the time.[/QUOTE]

Nimbl Vehicles

Freedom to Roam
Ford offer superb CAD files for registered vehicle builders, don’t go the hassle drawing up your self, easy enough to do but has real disadvantages. Get there’s if you can , they have regular updates and can help with axle weights and electrical systems etc. Things change all the time.

Thanks Lance - we're working on it, just haven't made it happen yet. The main focus of our engineering time has been improvements to the lifting roof system and implementing the new LiFePO4 system (the dimensions of everything changed dramatically so we pretty much had to start over with the electrical system).

Last edited:

rruff

Explorer
I think the 2017+ F350 pickup truck frames are fully boxed for the rigidity, which, I suspect, is one of the reasons you are using the F350 pickup trucks. http://www.mattford.com/blog/2017-ford-super-duty-fully-boxed-frame/

Yep, flexy C channel is best for a heavily loaded rig; takes less material to acheive the payload goals, especially in challenging situations like being crossed-up. But a torsionally stiff frame and more compliant suspension seems to work better most of the time... and definitely simplifies camper mounting.

highaltidude

Judd and Jon,

We're so glad to see you guys doing the "relaunch". We had a good relationship with XP, and hope that continues with Nimbl. We've had no regrets purchasing our camper and it's allowed us to engage in the lifestyle we had always dreamed about. The highlight so far was three months across Alaska and northern Canada, 1,500 miles of it off pavement. We are a believer in the product and look forward to the evolution (see what I did there....) under your guidance.

Chuck Ulen
XP #43

Nimbl Vehicles

Freedom to Roam
Judd and Jon,

We're so glad to see you guys doing the "relaunch". We had a good relationship with XP, and hope that continues with Nimbl. We've had no regrets purchasing our camper and it's allowed us to engage in the lifestyle we had always dreamed about. The highlight so far was three months across Alaska and northern Canada, 1,500 miles of it off pavement. We are a believer in the product and look forward to the evolution (see what I did there....) under your guidance.

Chuck Ulen
XP #43

Thanks Chuck! I really enjoyed doing Alaska/Yukon a few years ago - can't wait to go back and do some arctic winter testing on campers!

and lol, yes I see what you did there. We had fun working the "nimble" into interviews we were doing before we revealed the new Nimbl name too. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz