Beaches of Baja 2019

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
Thanks for the old timer comment.

I plan to be doing a presentation on Baja at the RMOR so I’ll surely see you there. I think I’ll be driving the southern end of the COBDR from Four Corners to Gunnison. Want to join me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We will be coming from the north. Plan on hitting Dinosaur Nat'l Park and areas north. But could possible change plans. What date do plan on leaving Four Corners area? This sounds interesting!

BTW, you are doing a heck of a lot better than me. Remember how I was limping around last Sept.? The surgery in July cleaned up the back of the patella, but sitting around let arthritis set in. I really am a gimpy old fart now. I work out three times a week at the Y but even 15 minutes on a startionary bike and 35-40 on stairstepper or treadmill isn't helping that much. At least the excercise is keeping the knee from locking up. So take care of yourself. Don't end up like me.

Dale

Ace Brown

Retired Ol’ Fart
We will be coming from the north. Plan on hitting Dinosaur Nat'l Park and areas north. But could possible change plans. What date do plan on leaving Four Corners area? This sounds interesting!

BTW, you are doing a heck of a lot better than me. Remember how I was limping around last Sept.? The surgery in July cleaned up the back of the patella, but sitting around let arthritis set in. I really am a gimpy old fart now. I work out three times a week at the Y but even 15 minutes on a startionary bike and 35-40 on stairstepper or treadmill isn't helping that much. At least the excercise is keeping the knee from locking up. So take care of yourself. Don't end up like me.

Dale

Just keep at it. It should improve in time. I’ll be starting probably in Cortez in time to get to the RMOR early. If you want to join in just leave home a little early. Maybe go fishing down there too.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Thanks! You should have been there. But I know how much you like playing in the snow. Plenty of the white stuff here now.
4a936aa1497ad1d91292842dbbe64510.jpg

The Baja Sierra's must have been packed with snow. In 1971 we drove up to find 4' of the white stuff.
I had a Junior Woodchuck sleeping bag and spent the night tending the fire. It must of been in the 'teens.

zelseman

Observer
The Baja Sierra's must have been packed with snow. In 1971 we drove up to find 4' of the white stuff.
I had a Junior Woodchuck sleeping bag and spent the night tending the fire. It must of been in the 'teens.
My wife and I are housesitting South of Mike's Sky Ranch in the Sierra de San Pedro and we got 6-8" at 4800 feet. Reports we read from the obervatory and condor research group was somewhere around 45cm at the top of Observatory Rd.

PANO0001-2.jpg

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
My wife and I are housesitting South of Mike's Sky Ranch in the Sierra de San Pedro and we got 6-8" at 4800 feet. Reports we read from the obervatory and condor research group was somewhere around 45cm at the top of Observatory Rd.

PANO0001-2.jpg
We drove back on that trip through Mike's and down to Valle de Trinidad. My friend who's fluent asked where the best road to San Vicente was. The local pointed one out. After a short time it deteriorated into an ancient rock to rock road. It took us all day to get back to Colonet. The guy who made the recommendation must still be laughing.

zelseman

Observer
We drove back on that trip through Mike's and down to Valle de Trinidad. My friend who's fluent asked where the best road to San Vicente was. The local pointed one out. After a short time it deteriorated into an ancient rock to rock road. It took us all day to get back to Colonet. The guy who made the recommendation must still be laughing.
Not to cloud up this thread with extra stuff, but once up and out of Mike's, stay West at the top of the hill and navigate your way toward Rancho Coyote and Rancho La Joya and should put you out at KM 67 on Observatory Rd. That's the easiest way to get down the valley from Mike's that we have found.

DVD

Adventurer
Great write-up, Ace! And thanks again for setting up the trip. For Laurie and me, it was a great initiation to Baja and ROF trips. Enjoyed travelling with you and even more getting to know you (and Kenda). We look forward to seeing you again.
We had a great time, but I can only imagine what this experience would have been:
Here’s a picture from my first trip to Baja in 1970. We were racing in the Baja 1000 which was an amazing thrill ride. How do you top that?
3832abfa8608e5bf71817e3ef3fbac09.jpg

Ace Brown

Retired Ol’ Fart
Great write-up, Ace! And thanks again for setting up the trip. For Laurie and me, it was a great initiation to Baja and ROF trips. Enjoyed travelling with you and even more getting to know you (and Kenda). We look forward to seeing you again.
We had a great time, but I can only imagine what this experience would have been:

Well I do hope you will join us on another ROF adventure soon. How about you and Laurie cooking up something in Arizona before it gets too hot or maybe next fall. We usually don’t do trips that are tightly organized so if you feel like putting something on as newbies to ROF style it would be fine. We have trouble finding folks willing to lead trips but it’s not that difficult and I’d be there to assist. Suggest you look up Vince, he’s an active and experienced ROF living near Phoenix. Take a look at the ROF trip done last month on the CABDR to find him.

Ace

Regcabguy

Oil eater.

Dale
If you're not on a blood thinner you might try the liquid tumeric from Costco. My neighbor's had terrific luck with it. It does thin the blood somewhat. The exercise is the biggy though.

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
If you're not on a blood thinner you might try the liquid tumeric from Costco. My neighbor's had terrific luck with it. It does thin the blood somewhat. The exercise is the biggy though.
Unfortunately, I had the knee replacement surgery one month ago. The doctor put me on baby aspirin for 90 days. Once off that I’ll try Tumeric again. Thanks for the advice. I appreciate it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke