Bear, My 200 Series Newbie Build

Benc

Explorer
She will definitely do it, you will just need to prepare yourself for possible body damage. Maybe consider having cbi fab up some rear quarter panel and front fender guards?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
I see you have Steve working on it. He is CBI's lead fabricator, he actually started CBI and sold it to Nathan. I known Steve for 10yrs and he has built me a bunch of stuff. Solid guy and does great work.

Cheers

aausmana

Adventurer
She will definitely do it, you will just need to prepare yourself for possible body damage. Maybe consider having cbi fab up some rear quarter panel and front fender guards?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have thought about fender protection but am not sure I will go that route. I may put a few kick out bars on the rear quarter panel, still debating that.

Looking great so far! Everybody is right, CBI is definitely doing it justice.

Thanks! Yes, they honestly do some of the best work I have seen. I am certain these pictures do not do their work, or the way Bear looks any justice. I will be taking detailed pictures upon her return home.

I see you have Steve working on it. He is CBI's lead fabricator, he actually started CBI and sold it to Nathan. I known Steve for 10yrs and he has built me a bunch of stuff. Solid guy and does great work.

Cheers

Great to hear! Steve is seriously an amazing fabricator, but also an amazing visionary! We speak near daily and share our ideas back and forth, he puts them into his melting pot of creativity and comes up with something fantastic.

aausmana

Adventurer
Front Bumper

Ok, so Steve was able to get everything up, tacked and the way he liked it. This bumper is solid, provides ample protection, and does not protrude out in front of the rig. Steve will be working on the front bars after he's got her fully welded, sanded, etc. Then finishing the Rear swing-aways, aux fuel, skid plates, and rock sliders..

thumb_IMG_5318_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_5319_1024.jpg

You can really see high much time Steve spent in following the lines of the 200 series, it's personality, and make sure that noting stuck out too far.
thumb_IMG_5320_1024.jpg

aausmana

Adventurer
More pictures for your viewing pleasure:

thumb_IMG_5322_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_5326_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_5328_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_5321_1024.jpg

As mentioned earlier, there is still a ton of work to be done but I could not be happier with how Bear's surgery is coming along.

ulySSes

Observer
Wow. Looking nice. CBI definitely makes nice stuff. I had their sliders on my Taco and was very pleased with them.

jkilcullen

Living the Dream
I was following along on mud and got impatient and came over here for the read. Great looking build so far. Hoping CBI has plans to take advantage of the R&D and bring these products to market, really digging that front bumper! Also kudos on your drawers, wish I had the patience. I need someone to sell me a kit, or very very detailed instructions lol

aausmana

Adventurer
I really like how it flows AND best of all is how it doesn't stick out 12" forward! Very very nice.

Thanks so much man! Yes, exactly!

I was following along on mud and got impatient and came over here for the read. Great looking build so far. Hoping CBI has plans to take advantage of the R&D and bring these products to market, really digging that front bumper! Also kudos on your drawers, wish I had the patience. I need someone to sell me a kit, or very very detailed instructions lol

Hahaha, well can't fault you for that ;) I am trying to get MUD up to speed as quickly as possible but this darn work thing keeps getting in my way!

CBI will definitely be bringing these products to market and manufacturing 80-90% of what I am getting done on my 200...it is another reason why they have the truck for longer than normal and even that is a very tight timeframe for them.

Would be happy to help you with the drawers, it really is not terribly difficult and would be much easier with a table saw, the most time takes sitting by your rig with the tailgate open for an hour a few times to really envision how you will use it, what best suits your needs, etc.

aausmana

Adventurer
Rear Bumper Sanded

Here is a quick update of the rear bumper welded and sanded. CBI is currently working on the aux tank fitment, rear swing aways and the brush protection up front. Will have more this weekend.

IMG_3935.jpg

IMG_3933.jpg

IMG_3934.jpg

:Mechanic:

t4rs2000

i saw you build thread first on MUD and was surprised to see CBI bumpers on your list. It looks awesome. Same here, I didn't like how current choices available here in US stick out in the front.

These look awesome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94