Bear, My 200 Series Newbie Build

aausmana

Adventurer
I've just spent the last hour or so ogling the photos in this thread......
Makes my brain hurt, doing the mental mathematics to try and afford a truck like yours.
Is your truck petrol/gasoline or diesel?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you Mambo! You don't need to go quite as deep into the build as I did and you can put your dream rig together piece by piece to still achieve exactly what you want.

I wish we had the 200 series Diesel option available here in the US but unfortunately, we do not. It is petrol.

wreckdiver1321

Overlander
Oh my god. That thing is pure, distilled awesome. Seriously. The rear bumper alone is a thing of beauty.

CBI employs some real artists.

MamboSA

Observer
Thank you Mambo! You don't need to go quite as deep into the build as I did and you can put your dream rig together piece by piece to still achieve exactly what you want.

I wish we had the 200 series Diesel option available here in the US but unfortunately, we do not. It is petrol.

Here in SA the petrol version has just been taken off the market.

A 200 is definitely on my wish list for when I grow up, or win the lotto.......
Will probably have to be about a 5 year old one - they are crazy expensive here!

aausmana

Adventurer
Does CBI make the ditch light brackets for the 200 or were yours custom built?

Hey Tmreyes1 - very sorry for the late reply - have been absolutely crazed with work/travel, etc. CBI makes the DLB's for the 200 series and are currently shipping them.

aausmana

Adventurer
BEAR IS FOR SALE!!!! Well sort of...

Alright everyone, well here it goes! For those of you that have wanted the opportunity to own a fully built 200 series - HERE IT IS!

I have decided to potentially sell my pride and joy. I have not even had the opportunity to take her off-road nor truly enjoy the fruits of my (and many other people's labor). I have decided that I will NOT be taking her off-road as I am really contemplating selling her. It would not be right in my mind to get her all banged up and then sell it if I am already thinking of it now. Everything runs absolutely pristine, I have a maintenance agreement with Toyota that will transfer and there has been no electrical work done to the rig at all. I will leave that (and the hundreds of parts I have including dual battery system, breakers, cables, fuses, etc.) to the potentially new owner.

At the end of the day the reason I am thinking of selling the rig is simple. My job has gotten ridiculously busy - traveling every week and it will only get busier. The main reason is that we will be having a baby soon. We are planning and saving, and for the coming 2-3 years, our ability to go out into the wild, camp, etc. will simply be nonexistent.

I am asking $82K for the rig. She has 16.5K on the odometer and was just serviced. I bought her new and have put more than $30K into the truck not to mention the 30-50 additional items and parts I have that will come with it. I know this is a higher price but the truck is nearly new, in perfect condition, and ready for any adventure you can throw at her.

If you are interested I am willing to entertain offers. Just PM me.

jah310

Adventurer
Awesome build - someone is going to be lucky when they find this in the classifieds!

Quick question - how well did the 305s fit? How much rub if any during full flex. Did you use wheel spacers? What about available power?
I'm in the middle of my build and I'm really debating if I could / should swing the larger tires. I see so much mixed review.

My specs are similar - using stock 18x8 60mm offset rims, Spridertrax spacers, new SPC upper control arms and an OME BP-51 lift kit with the 2722 springs out back. See build link for full details.

Any insight would be great.

Thanks,

aausmana

Adventurer
Awesome build - someone is going to be lucky when they find this in the classifieds!

Quick question - how well did the 305s fit? How much rub if any during full flex. Did you use wheel spacers? What about available power?
I'm in the middle of my build and I'm really debating if I could / should swing the larger tires. I see so much mixed review.

My specs are similar - using stock 18x8 60mm offset rims, Spridertrax spacers, new SPC upper control arms and an OME BP-51 lift kit with the 2722 springs out back. See build link for full details.

Any insight would be great.

Thanks,

They fit great. No rubbing at all and love the wider taller tires. I did use spacers all around Spidertrax - must do. You will notice some gear jumping at higher speeds and some loss of power so a re-gear would do wonders - I just didn't want to do that this early on and now especially since I am selling her.. Will let the new owner decide on what they want to do. But very drivable, responsive as-is. Would highly recommend this tire/size combo.

chaingangster

Observer
Congrats on the forthcoming child! You probably have other good reasons for selling, but I just wanted to throw my two cents at you... I don't know if you already have kids, but the first one can be daunting. It seems as if everything will change, with good reason obviously. However, in my experience, children aren't the "end of it all", they are simply a beginning to a new, better lifestyle. As the father of two young children, I've found that we actually spend more time outdoors in Land Cruiser habitat than before we had kids. Children integrate very well. Of course the first few months may be centered around the house, but after that its time for Land Cruising adventure! And what better vehicle to protect your new family than a Cruiser! Good luck and have fun!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles