Bear Prints Offroad - Build Thread

aernan

Observer
consider reducing grey water by misting it on a hot plate mounted on exhaust pipe somewhere. Let it steam off. This will sterilize it as well so your not releasing bacteria and harming man or nature
I really like that idea. Is there a good way to filter it so my spray nozzle does not clog? I assume you would need a temp sensor on the hot plate to determine if it's warm enough to allow for injection.

aernan

Observer
consider reducing grey water by misting it on a hot plate mounted on exhaust pipe somewhere. Let it steam off. This will sterilize it as well so your not releasing bacteria and harming man or nature
When I looked at RVs with Black + Grey + Fresh it looked like the black + grey was = fresh tank size. Since I am planning on a cartridge toilet I figured grey = fresh would be a good idea. Can you help me figure out how big to make the grey tank?

Coachgeo

Explorer
When I looked at RVs with Black + Grey + Fresh it looked like the black + grey was = fresh tank size. Since I am planning on a cartridge toilet I figured grey = fresh would be a good idea. Can you help me figure out how big to make the grey tank?
sounds logical to me. I too will not use a black "toilet" tank. do remember though kitchen sink in houses in many county consider that water waste; black, cause of bacteria that grows from food particles. Which makes a little since. I think newer rv's are now sending kitchen sink to black tank. If you do a live in rv setup... you can recycle grey tank for not potable use like flushing. Maybe clothes washing and shower?? too. That will reduce overall water use of potable tank allowing for reduction of more storage. They even sell kits for this if you need. (UV bacteria light killer and filter) see https://www.usi-rv.com/main.sc;jsessionid=17CE48D188BF63E0B52BAF935845D7A2.p3plqscsfapp003

Think there is a tank size calculator on that site too

Coachgeo

Explorer
I really like that idea. Is there a good way to filter it so my spray nozzle does not clog? I assume you would need a temp sensor on the hot plate to determine if it's warm enough to allow for injection.
uncharted waters.... no clue. old rv's long ago had a system that sprayed into the exhaust but it got axed by environmentalist... or by smell? think it was also black waste too though

for just grey for steaming off on/or in exhaust I would look into a cyclonic type filter. https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...ml?spm=a2700.7724857.main07.57.58db7ce8Rewohn

aernan

Observer
sounds logical to me. I too will not use a black "toilet" tank. do remember though kitchen sink in houses in many county consider that water waste; black, cause of bacteria that grows from food particles. Which makes a little since. I think newer rv's are now sending kitchen sink to black tank. If you do a live in rv setup... you can recycle grey tank for not potable use like flushing. Maybe clothes washing and shower?? too. That will reduce overall water use of potable tank allowing for reduction of more storage. They even sell kits for this if you need. (UV bacteria light killer and filter) see https://www.usi-rv.com/main.sc;jsessionid=17CE48D188BF63E0B52BAF935845D7A2.p3plqscsfapp003

Think there is a tank size calculator on that site too
So if the sink makes black water then what makes grey water? The shower only?

Coachgeo

Explorer
While researching my inverter I discovered that yachts have water makers that can turn salt water into drinking water.
http://www.echotecwatermakers.com/dc_watermakers_yachts.htm
That's news to me.
interesting and very cool. Everyone has their own priorities though. At that price think I'd boil and condense it....... then use the uv-water filter system if one has already installed one. Mostly cause 5grand can pay for a lot of fueled adventures that go nowhere near salt water.

Still cool though

silvrzuki77

explorer
Need more build pics..... are you going to swap the gears out?
I am planing on high speed gears. I can get a Detroit rear locker but I'm not certain if that's necessary. I have recently located a set (I hope) and am working on doing a group buy.

If you already have the it torn apart, I think you would be better off having that Detroit in the rear. Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it. Than again without it probably get into less sticky situations lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aernan

Observer
I'm working on the frame mount. I was able to find another truck that has the "van body" from the factory. They are using 4 mounting points 2 with captive springs.

2018-07-23-2.jpgP1310712.jpg2018-07-23.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94