Bed rack for pickup

bigskypylot

Explorer
I have a friend that's got a 2016 Silverado Double cab (4dr) that is interested in picking up an RTT. I suggested a bedrack to mount it on as its an open bed. I know CBI has theirs for the Toyota. Any recommendations for the Silveraydo? Thanks!

jkilgore11

Adventurer
We used a Thule XSporter for our RTT before getting the Four Wheel Camper. It was more useful than a regular bed rack. The height and distance apart is adjustable and other accessories can be attached.

bigskypylot

Explorer
We used a Thule XSporter for our RTT before getting the Four Wheel Camper. It was more useful than a regular bed rack. The height and distance apart is adjustable and other accessories can be attached.

Cool. Did you find it sturdy and good quality?

Thanks

jkilgore11

Adventurer
Cool. Did you find it sturdy and good quality?

Thanks
I am very impressed with the quality and how sturdy it is even at full height. It enables you to attach the RTT and drop it almost below cab height for better fuel mileage. We also used it for kayaks and hauling lumber when the tent wasn't on. Just raised the height above the cab.

tyler.96

Observer
Just came from my other forum where they suggested RCI. Looking on their website they don't have anything yet for GM, but I don't know how different the bed rails are between GM and Ford.
http://www.rcimetalworks.com/09-F150-Bed-Rack-F150bedrack.htm

I'm planning on adding a rear ladder rack to match my headache rack, and doing an extruded aluminum frame between them for a RTT. Bit unnecessary for you though.

jkilgore11

Adventurer

cantbeataktm

After scouring the internet for something worthwhile for my Prospector, I decided to build it custom
IMG_20170412_150546.jpg
IMG_20170412_151707.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20170412_112955.jpg
    IMG_20170412_112955.jpg
    559.1 KB · Views: 48

3d fj

Observer
A little pricey, but I have a '16 sierra crew cab short bed that I purchased a retrax one tonneau and i got it with the cutouts for the stake pockets. I mounted a tracrac SR rack to that so now i have a lockable bed and an adjustable rack that can support 1250 lbs. I am debating whether i should cut the vertical supports to make the rack shorter for the RTT. i'm still up in the air about this one.

hopkinspdx

A little pricey, but I have a '16 sierra crew cab short bed that I purchased a retrax one tonneau and i got it with the cutouts for the stake pockets. I mounted a tracrac SR rack to that so now i have a lockable bed and an adjustable rack that can support 1250 lbs. I am debating whether i should cut the vertical supports to make the rack shorter for the RTT. i'm still up in the air about this one.
I am a bit late to the party but am curious how this worked out for you? Cannister with a short bed takes up some precious space. And am interested in the statement about cutting the vertical supports. Like cutting and rewelding to make them shorter? Below roof line?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94