Belly armor

RunninRubicon

Adventurer
Running in Florence

It's good to find another soul who loves Florence, Az. I feel it's the Moab of southern AZ. I just hope Martinez canyon doesn't close as the Coke Ovens are about to. I really love the back wall in that canyon. The views are drop dead gorgous. The road just keeps givin! Did Jack handle last week...benign.
Keep the rubber side down....didn't manage that last year on Upper Ajax-set'er on her side.

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
The only problem I have with FJ is the number of rednecks out there trashing the place. But it has such a great mix of trails...Martinez is probably my favorite...easy enough to get stockers through it, but has enough optional stuff to play on, and the scenery is simply spectacular once you start up the hill. I'll try again in a few weeks to get some folks gathered up for a run up there (it's been a while since I went through there).

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
Which skid did you decide on? I personally have the:
Nth TT
Nth Oilpan
Kilby Steering skid
Kilby Gas tank skid
JKS Mini Control arm skids
AEV Rocker Guard
Riddler Diff covers

This will pretty much guard you against most things unless you like really big rocks and are heavy on the petal.

I have all this and still wheel like it is made of glass. Of course it is my DD. I have to pay for it somehow.

RunninRubicon

Adventurer
What skids do I run?

Beowulf said:
Which skid did you decide on? I personally have the:
Nth TT
Nth Oilpan
Kilby Steering skid
Kilby Gas tank skid
JKS Mini Control arm skids
AEV Rocker Guard
Riddler Diff covers

This will pretty much guard you against most things unless you like really big rocks and are heavy on the petal.

I have all this and still wheel like it is made of glass. Of course it is my DD. I have to pay for it somehow.

I run a Superlift Super-ring front diff cover, Currie Steering (drag and tie-rod links), My front Rugged Ridge bumper has steering box protection, My Fabtech lift has skids on the lower links axle and frame ends, and I run a Teraflex belly-up pan that gives me 2 1/2inches more ground-clearance with-out having to go to a long arm (some argue the long arms hang on rock vs short) and keeps my center of gravity lower then a 6" long arm lift. Don't get me wrong I'd love a Nth degree gyro 6" w/ 35" BFG rock-crawlers....but this is a DD and I can't see running $350. tires down the highway 75-80% of there life. Besides I'm spending all my money on an Engel frig for my trailer and a utility drawer to mount everything inside in a more organized manner. ..I just can't have everything I want!@#$%&*??

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
RunninRubicon said:
..I just can't have everything I want!@#$%&*??

:xxrotflma

Welcome to the club!

Good call on the engle too.....that will probably be my next major mod (after reworking the suspension).

RunninRubicon

Adventurer
Suspension

I saw a Long arm add-on from Nth degree that made me salivate!. The lower control arms were designed to stay up and out of harms way and only added 1/4" to the drop in whatever belly-pan you presently have. You did need to have a 4" lift already installed though to convert.
Have you decided what to do for a suspension lift or are you one whom may very well build your own?
I must admit I am always looking for a better mouse trap when it comes to suspensions. Full-traction's 4" looks very appealing to me. I like my Fabtech but at highway speed going on and off the throttle for traffic my Jeep makes allot of Yaw or tail waggle. More then I would like. Full Traction's tri-angulated upper contol arm feature would eliminate that and the need for a rear track-bar. It's tempting me:exclaim:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94

Members online