Best cooler for a 3 week trip?

I am going to be going on a 3 week trip along the BC coast starting mid May, there are so many choices for coolers now, just looking for peoples experiences with certain brands and recommendations. Thanks!

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
With canned goods and dehydrated meals you should be fine. Dry Ice would be helpful but I don't think dry ice is available in Canada.
When I was traveling through Canada to Alaska there was not any dry ice .

perterra

Adventurer
I am going to be going on a 3 week trip along the BC coast starting mid May, there are so many choices for coolers now, just looking for peoples experiences with certain brands and recommendations. Thanks!

If you can buy ice every few days, it doesnt matter what you get. I have and have had Yeti, RTIC, Canyon Cooler and Coleman Xtreme and I use the Coleman more than any.

67cj5

Man On a Mission
If money is not an issue I would go with the ARB 35L or the 47L Fridge freezer,

But if things are a bit tight then I would be buying the Dometic Waeco TCX-35, Electric cooler, I bought one and tested it and it is as good as a fridge in temps below 30c , They are incredible and they use as little as 8 watts per hour and they run on 12v /120v /240v, at 80f /27c It managed to go down as low as -0.5c and they cycle on and off just like a fridge does and they can be reversed so they will heat food up, Mine was brand new and I gave it to my Brother and the only reason I gave it away was because I already have 2 ARB Fridge Freezers, But one thing for sure the TCX-35 will Blitz any other Cooler on the Market. and one of the best things is they are Very light weight and Thermal efficient, Totally brilliant things, and the Big bonus is you will never need Ice.

Check em out in the country you are in , But this is it in the link below, Good luck.

Last edited:

Laps

I've been using a Pelican Progear Elite, 45 quart, and with block ice can go 5 days without needing to refresh the ice and that was during a trip to Utah with daily temps over 100 degrees F. Otherwise for east coast trips during the summer the ice can easily last longer than that, problem is trying to find block ice anywhere east of the Mississippi. Lots of simple tips for getting ice to last, and using block ice is much better than using the crushed variety. I'm going to do a DIY insulation cover soon.

Last edited:

Dances with Wolves

aka jk240sx
If you can buy ice every few days, it doesnt matter what you get. I have and have had Yeti, RTIC, Canyon Cooler and Coleman Xtreme and I use the Coleman more than any.
I have a coleman wheeled Xtreme cooler. it lasts for several days in the Utah heat. not spendy. I cover it with a solar blanket and a beach towel. I doubt I'll ever own a fridge. I put a grate over the ice and nothing gets soggy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles