Best Diesel or Gas Heater

Eire32

Hi

looking for a safe diesel or gas heater that I can bring camping but also use to help heat my garage while I’m outside working in the New England temps

Any suggestions would be great

Eire32

BEST or adequate? The Amazon/Ebay diesel heaters work pretty good.
Something not made in China that might be cheap, doesn’t always work, and kills me in the middle of the night lol

I don’t mind spending for a good well made product

Reactions: plh

plh

Explorer
Something not made in China that might be cheap, doesn’t always work, and kills me in the middle of the night lol

Not made in China - boxing yourself in there. Maybe an Espar? Not sure where they are made, but priced at 9X above the typical Amazon/Ebay Chinese diesel heaters.

chet6.7

Explorer

I don't know how good they are, but for a not made in china, lower price option, there is the Russian Planar diesel heater. There is a vendor for them that posts here, there may be people on the forum that have it.

john61ct

Adventurer
Webasto and Espar are tops

Planar next.

The cheap Chinese are knockoffs, at some point you need to become a DIY repairer

so personally I reckon start cheap, then buy quality replacement parts.

Finding shops that will help is nigh impossible in the US. Scandinavia, Russia sure, Canada?

Eire32

Sorry if I didn't make myself clear on what i'm looking for. I am looking for something I can bring camping and use in a camper trailer, and also remove and use say if needed in the garage etc
Something like a portable stand alone unit, not something id have to plumb in permanently

john61ct

Adventurer
All these parking heaters can be fitted in a case to be made "portable". Some even use for tents!

But be very careful about the fiery hot exhaust hose

as well as the min/max lengths, back-pressure issues

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz