Best lighting setup to see cattle at night

Stafford

Hi all,
looking for recommendations on what kind of lighting setup to best see cattle at night. Got some long drives coming up and would prefer to drive at night when the road is not so hot to go easy on my new Radar tires and truck. Im in the north.

I have an older model NPS (1993) with only 35Amp alternator. Concerned to not run too much off it, but perhaps switching to LED replacement H4 bulbs would allow me to run a light bar too?

Any recommendations would be great, I assume theres light bars and light bars...

MJCake1

I would recommend Rigid Industries E 10" combo flood/spot light. $$$ but worth it especially when you start to see black angus cows on the side of road 200 yards out in the black of night on the open range while cruising at 60 mph. Speaking from experience of course.

dan85

Observer
I had a rigid industries 20inch SR series lightbar in the driving pattern on my old patrol combined with two lightforce 240 halogen spotlights. with the light bar on there was no need for the spotlights. the RI light bar was 120watts or 5amp@24v. I now have a 30inch dual row Korr lightbar and 4 x round led spot lights and to be honest its overkill. Id suggest one or two smallish good quality light bars. Alternatively I had a pair of Lightforce ROK40's on my motorbike that worked pretty well and would do a reasonable job of lighting up the side of the road for you. they were about $200 for the pair including wiring harness and only 80watt all up or 3.33amp@24v

D

Deleted member 9101

My vote is for led bulbs for your headlights and then a LED light bar from Amazon. 1/10th the price of a Rigid.

chet6.7

Explorer
This guy tests a few different brands of LEDs.I ran some bright halogens off of a 35A alt in the past,check out the Hella 4000 Eurobeam.

Spanna 53

Love the H 4 led replacements in the head lights reflectors in the head lights need to be in good condition unfortunately could not fit led globes in the Rally 4000"s and have a light bar as well that came off another vehicle we traded might pay to think about an alternator up grade by the time you run house Batterys and fridges you will need more than a 35 amp alt happy camping

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94