Best Pee Jars?

JaSAn

Grumpy Old Man
. . . Have you heard Abbot Pass Hut is being torn down this spring . . .
Sad. We utilized the hut twice in the '70's; bus to Lake O'Hara, scree scramble up to the hut, and then climbed both LaFloy and Victoria. I was blessed to be mountaineering before it became so popular. We were alone in the hut.

billiebob

Sad. We utilized the hut twice in the '70's; bus to Lake O'Hara, scree scramble up to the hut, and then climbed both LaFloy and Victoria. I was blessed to be mountaineering before it became so popular. We were alone in the hut.
on the way up with my daughter.... 1992? Elizabeth Parker Hut in the clearing.
scan0173.jpg

And my son.
scan0086.jpg

so glad we have hijacked this thread

jadmt

ignore button user
I think a lot of men on this thread are ignoring the fact that Urologists world wide are adamant about and united in their recommendations about getting out of your vehicle, standing and completely draining your bladder as a preventative and potentially life extending procedure. There is even evidence of this.
from now on I am standing up and peeing no more sitting in the car and peeing...I wonder if proctologists determined anything from that study. I wondered if there was any dribble noted...

NOPEC

from now on I am standing up and peeing no more sitting in the car and peeing...I wonder if proctologists determined anything from that study. I wondered if there was any dribble noted...
I suspect "yes" to both questions? Probably a good thing that the video was in a small format.....

shays4me

Willing Wanderer
I found the big mouth gatorade bottles too small and settled on a lipton ice tea bottle after quite a search. Tought I'd throw that out there for you, ehem, in between a gatorade and peanut butter jar guys.

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
Oh btw, the hollow styrofoam pool noodles would make a great pee tube*

And since “one size fits all” does not work for some of you, if you search diligently you can find them with different sized interior tube holes.

*got this idea the other night from watching the chick on Naked and Afraid using a cut in half bamboo pole for peeing without having to go outside into the bug infested night from her palm leaf hut?

Last edited:

MiamiC70

In one recent thread here, the discussion of the initial target topic went off rails a bit as is frequently and humorously the case on expo.

Anyway, that side discussion turned into a debate about the best way to pee at night when you’re not wanting to climb down the ladder and go outside into the cold, dark, wet night.

One suggestion was using widemouth Nalgene bottles as Pee jars. For those of you who may not have tried this simple hack to RTT camping, I’ll share with you my unsuccessful experience with that technique.

Having rather small hands and short fingers (no, please don’t go there!) I found that it was often too difficult for me to get a good grip on that slippery large diameter bottle, meaning simply that it was too easy for me to fumble it and drop the damn thing and spill pee all over the bed.

So here’s my recommendation on improving the functionality of a nighttime pee jar for you campers.

Next time you’re done using one of these laundry detergent bottles, see below, make some improvements in the pour spout to enlarge the opening of the neck of the bottle a bit, and use that detergent bottle with it’s convenient, no slip handle, as your source for nighttime comfort and relief.

View attachment 709456
(A spritz of Lysol into the bottle after emptying it can keep it sanitary and odorless)
A TREE!

Reactions: WVI

ITTOG

Close, Bow Hut. The old Bow Hut by the glacier. Have you heard Abbot Pass Hut is being torn down this spring. The mountain has shifted and the structure is fractured. So sad, Abbot Pass Hut is one of the classic BIG mountaineering huts. And such a location on the continental divide
between Lake Louise and Lake O'Hara....
Location, Location, Location

Bow Hut in October, ....1984.

View attachment 711634
I just read about the hut being torn down. Very sad. That was a very nice hut too.

ITTOG

Getting back on track...
I like to use the big plastic containers for peanuts. No issues with hole size and it is very stable and won't tip over.

1663091942844.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles