Best Safari style shirt for Expedition and Casual wear

robert

Expedition Leader
Looked at their stuff. Looked at the hats, all of their hats have such small brims. Want something with 4.5 to 5 inch brim, really difficult to get a decent wide brim hat.

Look at the various Aussie brands, they are really into sun protection down there and you see a lot more styles with the wide brims.

greg.potter

Adventurer
The best warm weather "safari" shirt that I have come across is the Eddie Bauer Water Guide. Light, breathable, good UV protection and wrinkle free if you fold or hang as it comes out of the dryer. The sleeves are fitted around your hands for better sun and bug protection and the sleeves roll up and button in place (as in the photo below). The back is vented also. My favourite shirt of all time!

https://www.eddiebauer.ca/p/13801799/fishing-shirts-for-men?color=Lt Khaki&sp=1&size=S

Water_Guide.JPG

OTG_Bobby

Check out our new Thunderbolt Shirt, it might fit the bill. Josh designed it for many of the use cases mentioned here. Here are some of the features:

• Poly-Cotton Stretch Fabric
• Teflon-Coated for stain, sweat and water resistance
• 5-pockets including pen pocket and large rear stash pocket
• Front and Rear ventilation keeps you cool
• Long and Short sleeve

Feel free to ask any questions about it here.

Link to shirt

P.S. We are new sponsors of this forum and don’t want to come across “salesy”. We truly want to support this lifestyle and have a passion for designing clothes for the industry. We welcome any feedback and questions and plan on being very active in this forum as we know the clothing industry very well and want to offer whatever we can to bring you all value whether that is in our knowledge or products.

9C866EE2-4E63-40A1-8FA9-A873FB38F86E.jpeg
CB721059-B79A-4EA7-8C86-B529CC20613C.jpeg
7CD8ED41-4387-4D8A-8E61-4801B316044D.jpeg

tdferrero

How do the TAD shirts fit; I wear small in Arc'teryx and wonder if the fit is the same?
Button-ups are true to size, I size up for t-shirts (since I like a looser fitting shirt), jackets (for the most part) are pretty true to size. Some are built for layering, some are not.

Check out our new Thunderbolt Shirt, it might fit the bill. Josh designed it for many of the use cases mentioned here. Here are some of the features:

• Long and Short sleeve

Link to shirt

P.S. We are new sponsors of this forum and don’t want to come across “salesy”. We truly want to support this lifestyle and have a passion for designing clothes for the industry. We welcome any feedback and questions and plan on being very active in this forum as we know the clothing industry very well and want to offer whatever we can to bring you all value whether that is in our knowledge or products.

View attachment 587143
View attachment 587145
View attachment 587146

A +1 for OTG apparel. I met them at OE East last year and ordered a pair of their Trailblazer pants which quickly became some of my favorites. Even better, they're not outrageously priced. Definitely looking forward to getting a Thunderbolt or two.

bas157

OTG_Bobby, does "• Teflon-Coated for stain, sweat and water resistance " mean any armpit sweat will just run down the inside or on your body and not get wicked out through the fabric?

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society

• Long and Short sleeve

Link to shirt

Your sizing doesn't seem to favor tall/athletic types.... :(

OTG_Bobby

OTG_Bobby, does "• Teflon-Coated for stain, sweat and water resistance " mean any armpit sweat will just run down the inside or on your body and not get wicked out through the fabric?
They do wick moisture a bit, but the more impressive feature is the large rear vent that works in tandem with the front pocket vent to allow for air to move through to evaporate the on-body sweat. We haven't really seen a venting system that works this well. Sorry for the delay in the reply for some reason I didn't see this notification.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
We had to keep a happy medium for the release, but @OTG_JOSH is working on a Tall version of the shirt for next round.
My advice it to solicit input from the larger-than-life demographic. It's REALLY hard to find shirts that fit.
Most will fit around the shoulders/chest and arms but then are enormous at the waist; you have fold/tuck and it looks terrible as it works itself free.
I find myself relegated to wearing tacticool cop/military stuff since they understand an athletic build.

....and don't get me started about buying a suit. A 14"-16" drop is unheard of in that industry and I have to buy separates and have them altered.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles