BEWARE OF RTIC COOLERS

Kerensky97

Xterra101
The last time OP logged on was when he made that post on 11/18
Ignore this thread. He's just an unhappy consumer with a beef and trying to damage the company as much as he can. I'm sorry he got dinged and maybe it's a legit complaint but his method of creating logins on multiple forums and copy/pasting the same post just to damage the company smacks of a childish, probably illegitimate, issue.

http://www.rokslide.com/forums/archive/index.php?t-36764.html
http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/archive/index.php/t-3205890.html
http://www.crappie.com/crappie/south-carolina/318263-rtic-coolers-2.html

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Found an Ozark Trail 52 quart at the Walmart on Belles Ferry yesterday ----- fits in my trailer like it was designed to go there.
Bought it and cancelled my RTIC order.

Nice sturdy cooler. Can't wait to pop open a cold(er) one from it.

jb10

placed an order for the rtic 20 and 65 on 4/25/16. received the 20 on 5/9/16. haven't tested it out yet but great quality cooler. pretty much just like the yeti's. hoping the 65 is shipped by 05/31/2016 as the web site and my order says

STREGA

Explorer
Looked for a Ozark Trail 52 at the Flagstaff Wally World and found none or any size OZ Trail cooler, white unicorn.

SamShep

From my personal experience there is nothing wrong with rtic coolers shipping, or even quality. They are fine coolers, but I won't lie to you when I say they are not up to Yeti, Engel, or Grizzly par, of course, this is my opinion. I will agree with the guy above that says grab a yeti and have it last generations. Yeti's really are built like mini tanks, but you pay a price for it. If you want some high quality, try Engel or Grizzly, they are both built very similar to Yeti, but a bit cheaper (usually).

OffGridCamper

Observer
From my personal experience there is nothing wrong with rtic coolers shipping, or even quality. They are fine coolers, but I won't lie to you when I say they are not up to Yeti, Engel, or Grizzly par, of course, this is my opinion. I will agree with the guy above that says grab a yeti and have it last generations. Yeti's really are built like mini tanks, but you pay a price for it. If you want some high quality, try Engel or Grizzly, they are both built very similar to Yeti, but a bit cheaper (usually).

Pretty sure that your post is 100% bias. The website in your signature doesn't list an RTIC anywhere on it... just Yeti at #1 and so on. Granted - you did state
of course, this is my opinion
, but I think you should put an RTIC on your blog and run it through the paces and see how she holds up. I will say this though; I have a Yeti cup and I have to wait almost 2 hours (with the lid off) just to be able to drink my coffee so, they're no joke, but the price is sickening.

Jtai

And FYI on your site you say they are made in the USA. Kind of misleading as they are not all made here per their website.

Edit referring to yeti

Last edited:

toymaster

Explorer

Not sure what qualifies you as an "expert". I have inspected Yeti's (they are at every store I can think of) and I own an RTIC. I can find zero quality differences from a hands-on inspection. Now if you have completed a chemical analysis of the type of plastic used by both I may listen to you. RTIC is on par with Yeti, just china labor used to make it and therefore more cost effective.

SamShep

And FYI on your site you say they are made in the USA. Kind of misleading as they are not all made here per their website.

Edit referring to yeti

My website states they also have the hoppers made in china, and others in taiwan, didn't mislead at all, its stated in the exact same paragraph.

As far as the RTIC vs Yeti - I stand by Yeti is superior, but if your on a budget, not for the price difference. I have an Rtic 45 - it holds ice nearly as well as the Yeti, and was indeed only about 56% of the price at the time. RTIC are relatively durable, but I will say not as durable as Yeti. In a lot of test we do, Yeti does win, but its all about price per dollar if you want a budget cooler, Yeti does not win a lot of price per dollar test in my opinion. Yeti's Tundra series is great per dollar (if you use it for heavy duty stuff) however a product like the Hopper, may work great, but for the price, I'd take an AO cooler or Polar Bear.

I personally used to use and favor Yeti a lot back in the Marines, but I am more of a Grizzly fan now mostly due to their customer service. But again, to be fair and honest, I have never tried RTIC's customer service, and Yeti's was....average I guess, Grizzly was the best I have called and tried.

For a budget cooler RTIC's get the job done for sure, their per dollar value is certainly better than Yeti's in most builds (the tumbler competes better with Yeti's tumbler better than their cooler does in my opinion, but both do well). Again, as stated in my original post, there is nothing wrong with RTIC's shipping or quality, and as my website states, I do favor products made in the USA as I used to be in the Marines and served this country well, I fought for USA jobs, and still do, just not with a weapon.

Edit: One thing I will add - I do believe if RTIC's get popular enough, and since they are good coolers, it will hopefully bring Yeti, Grizzly, Engel, and Pelican prices down as a whole. Which would be great for many people.

TL;DR - RTIC is a fine cooler for its price, doesn't mean its better.

Last edited:

dusmw

Just recieved my new RTIC cooler, 20. I own 4 Yetis (35, 65, Roadie, and the Hopper 30) only paid full price for one thanks to various coupons, dividends, and incentives! I have say that had I had the option to order RTIC's when i was buying the Yetis I wouldnt own a Yeti!

The RTIC 20 performs equal to the Roadie.

I use my Hopper and 35 every week and in the Summer the Roadie gets more frequent use. The Hopper is by far the most versatile cooler and looks like new even with almost daily use.

I say this as someone who has paid too much for cooolers. Order the RTIC, wait five weeks and save some money! If you want to put a Yeti sticker on it then do so!

Regarding USA made, I have only owned GM, Ford, and Jeep but a lot of the American made vehicles have parts sourced globally so anymore you really cant find a 100% USA product!

While RTIC had a bad launch their product is competitive and we should see significant price decreasezfromthe competitive cooler mfg now with Ozark Trail and RTIC in the marketplace! A win for the consumer for sure!

jzzr83

Well, I ordered an RTIC45 in Tan on April 30th for a trip to UT, we leave on the 24th of this month. I was first told it will ship on 5/31. Then I was told it will ship on 6/17. This is cutting it close for our trip so I grabbed an Igloo Yukon 70 at Costco. It is larger than I prefer but at least I have a cooler. I checked today and RTIC now says it will ship on 7/5. Whenever this arrives I am sure it will be awesome, but it needs to ship before I can say that. And yes, my CC was charged on May 2nd.

Utah KJ

Free State of Florida
Well, I ordered an RTIC45 in Tan on April 30th for a trip to UT, we leave on the 24th of this month. I was first told it will ship on 5/31. Then I was told it will ship on 6/17. This is cutting it close for our trip so I grabbed an Igloo Yukon 70 at Costco. It is larger than I prefer but at least I have a cooler. I checked today and RTIC now says it will ship on 7/5. Whenever this arrives I am sure it will be awesome, but it needs to ship before I can say that. And yes, my CC was charged on May 2nd.

Perhaps RTIC should knock off YETI availability as well.

Superflex

I just joined the forum to share my RTIC experiences.
I discovered RTIC about 2 months ago from a buddy, a former rock climbing friend.
After purchasing a couple of their 20 oz tumblers and RTIC cans, I decided to pull the trigger on four of their 45 quart coolers for our work fleet of emergency response pickups.
I ordered the 4 coolers on 8/20 with an anticipated ship date of 10/23.
To my surprise, I received the ship notification last week and my 4 coolers in mojave tan arrived this morning.
Three of the four coolers were in decent shape. Minor exterior scuffs and flashing burs. The 4th one had a body about 10 shades off from the lid of the other 3 coolers. Tan lid with baby puke green body.
The interior of the mismatched cooler was also scuffed up and had an irregular finish.

I immediately contacted RTIC and was asked to provide pictures. CS rep was condescending on the phone doubting my claim and had no sense of humor.
I asked for a complimentary basket ($9 item) as a comp for the inconvenience and was told Nyet!
In order to avoid getting another mismatched tan cooler, I asked for a replacement one in arctic white.
Was told by the CS rep that I could only get a replacement in the same color. If I wanted a white one, I would need to return the tan one, get a refund and then place a new order for a white one and assume the standard 1-2 month wait all over again. ******?

Anyhow, a picture says a thousand words, so you decide.
Would you accept this lack of QA/QC for $175?

IMG_0399.jpg

Look closely at the hinge area. Color is way off.
Tee handles are also very loose and come unlatched from the cooler with almost no effort.
Color me not impressed, even with a 50% savings over a Yeti.

Attachments

• IMG_0398.jpg
    IMG_0398.jpg
    511.9 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

Superflex

This makes me nervous as I have two 20 can soft coolers ordered for my college aged kids and a 20 quart roto ordered for myself.
FYI,
RTIC coolers don't include the basket like a Yeti.
That is an extra, albeit cheap extra.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles