Beyond the Truck: Grand Canyon Solitaire

kerouac

I liked what I was able to read and see ... but, the blog site was wonky, and didn't fully load. Reload made it worse :(. I will try later again.
Thanks for the heads up...I'll check it out. Out of curiosity, was this on a phone or laptop/computer? I've been having issues with the mobile version and this will help me decipher the issue.

jgaz

Adventurer
That is a cool site! I love how the Colorado River is brown in some shots and green in others.

I wish the pano of the South Kaibab/River Trail junction was required viewing for all trail runners that are going down the South Kaibab, across the River Trail, and up the Bright Angel.

There must be bad info on some trail running site that tells the runners they can get water at the junction. We tell them not without crossing the black bridge and at least going to Boat Beach and they’ll argue with you.

jgaz

Adventurer
Speaking of trail runners.
I saw this guy while on PSAR patrol last Wednesday.

He was being followed, at a distance, by a reporter who was writing an article about Jim. I spoke with the reporter who told me Walmsley was attempting to regain the unofficial? record of running from the South Kaibab trailhead to the Black Bridge. According to the reporter, Walmsley’s best time for that 6+ mile segment was 29 minutes!!!
Someone had recently covered the same stretch in 27 minutes!!!

I have a real hard time getting my head around either of those times.

GB_Willys_2014

That is a cool site! I love how the Colorado River is brown in some shots and green in others.

I wish the pano of the South Kaibab/River Trail junction was required viewing for all trail runners that are going down the South Kaibab, across the River Trail, and up the Bright Angel.

There must be bad info on some trail running site that tells the runners they can get water at the junction. We tell them not without crossing the black bridge and at least going to Boat Beach and they’ll argue with you.

I figure that the River Trail, for those who don't know better, means access to the river, which means water. Hey, what's a little giarda ...

IIRC, there was a fatality in that area not so long ago.

He was being followed, at a distance, by a reporter who was writing an article about Jim. I spoke with the reporter who told me Walmsley was attempting to regain the unofficial? record of running from the South Kaibab trailhead to the Black Bridge. According to the reporter, Walmsley’s best time for that 6+ mile segment was 29 minutes!!!

Indeed. That is crazy fast.

jgaz

Adventurer

Going back to my comment about the SK trail head to river time.
Upon further thought, I believe the writer I spoke to must have been mistaken. Reading the article I posted and paying for attention to the runners average time/mile I don’t see how 29 minutes is possible.
Still researching.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles