BFG T/A KO2 in 275/55/20 on LR4

BikePilot

Fwiw Cooper Maxx tires are very different from their other at tires. They are a hybrid tire on a full mud terrain carcass. They seem a step more rugged and higher void than ko2s.

Jwestpro

Explorer
Fwiw Cooper Maxx tires are very different from their other at tires. They are a hybrid tire on a full mud terrain carcass. They seem a step more rugged and higher void than ko2s.
"rugged"? Unlikely in that my take is that durability or ruggedness is it's sidewall and carcass strength and resilience to sharp objects. BFG pretty much leads the industry in that aspect. Now if what you mean is the tread design and how aggressive it is, yeah I can see that for sure. It also reminds me of the Nitto Terra Grappler from several years ago. Toyo Open Country had similar as well.

I like the Cooper STT max but realize that is too loud etc for some peoples pruposes. I can totally feel the vibe of the KM2 through the steering especially at slow speeds rolling to stop. It's sorta weird.

I would love a scientific testing of some of these on the same vehicle on same test track showing grip at full psi, low psi, sidewall durability, etc. BFG upped the game with the new ko2 and also the km3 in it's carcass engineering.

rewillia

I just go my Discovery 4 SDV6 2 days ago and thank you for this Thread..., I took the chance and ordered n fit the 275/55R20 on my 20" OEM Tyres. So far so good..., I have not really try lock to lock turn or full compression.

Managed to get the local Tyre retailer to match the online price but their price are fitted price.... couldn't be happier, they charged AU$430 each balanced and fitted.

Picking up the car 2 days ago:
View attachment 455641

Buying and fitting BFG KO2 275/55R20
View attachment 455642

I like the looks... no mods on the height as yet..., this is on normal height.
View attachment 455643
Since your post in June, How have those KO2 275/55/R20's worked out for you. Are you still stock in terms of frame horns, inner fender liners, etc?