Big custom camper sightings

BIGGUY

Adventurer
I passed a white/light colored one with blue and white license plates in Rock Springs, WY today. Not completely positive, but I think the plates might have been Montana plates. Nice looking rig.

Kardec

Saw a ER yesterday in Bozeman MT. Just driving down main st. DANG THEM THINGS ARE HUGE!!

I think that was me. I was in Missoula producing an educational event that wrapped up at the paleontological museum in Bozeman. Everyone else was going out to a dig site but I headed for the ER factory in Dacono for a repair.

Brazos609

Observer
I saw a white EarthRoamer XV-JP with mountain graphics this week in Yellowstone on 07/20 going through the mountains and then in Teton on 07/21 in a parking lot.

Token

Explorer
Spotted 2 of the full size Roamers up on Stoney Pass up above Old Hundred Mine near Silverton last Sunday evening..

Last edited:

Token

Explorer
Yep.. That was my daughter and me.. We were setting up camp at the bottom of Old Hundred by all the RV's (figured they'd be a quite bunch) when yall drove through.. I always forget the RV folks like running generators all night though and this one needed a ring job to boot.. So we were out looking for somewhere else to set up when we came through and turned around.. Was the first time really OUT with the trailer.. Works pretty well until you're in somewhere kinda tight and your only option on the trail is to back out.. Had made it just far enough up the left side of the fork in the road to realize there wasn't room to turn around at the end.. Yall prolly heard me trying to back up 50yds and into the fork for 10 minutes or so before I gave up and had to come invade your corner to turn around.. No doubt yall had managed to score the best looking corner in the canyon for the night..

Was the first time I've ever laid eyes on an ER and there were two of them.. I thought it was a rare sight until I started poking around in this thread a bit when we got back.. Keep thinking those things have gotta be the some of the best rigs I've ever seen.. Then I keep remembering that the trails I typically end up on would prolly be just a bit tight of a fit for something that big.. I got enough strange looks dragging across Imogene the next day with the trailer..

We kept running into all sorts of weird stuff the rest of the week.. Two nights later we were camped at Goose Island along the CO River outside of Moab.. Walked past the car in the campsite next to us and noticed the tags were local to me.. The guy lives about 10 minutes from me here in Memphis..

Warn Industries

Supporting Vendor
earthroamer_line_up_shop.jpg

Spotted this at the Line-Up Shop in Portland, OR today while dropping my Suzuki Sidekick off for an alignment.

- Andy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles