Big custom camper sightings

Although it looks cool, has anyone actually ever had to use their spare tire?

Those things gotta weigh more than carrying a spare dirtbike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes one will need spare tire sooner or later. I carry 1 mounted spare + beadlock = 324 lb; + 1 unmounted tire. Not anymore on the roof.
One trip to Baja I needed both.

martinf

31/30/20 on AZ-89A near Sedona.

I was behind a white Earthroamer down 89A and we both turned on NF525 to camp for the night. However the small wheels and stock suspension of my sprinter van were no match for the big guy and he quickly distanced me on that rough washboard road.

That's the 3rd one I see and I've been in one here in WA. These machines are truly amazing!

BillFitz

31/30/20 on AZ-89A near Sedona.

I was behind a white Earthroamer down 89A and we both turned on NF525 to camp for the night. However the small wheels and stock suspension of my sprinter van were no match for the big guy and he quickly distanced me on that rough washboard road.

That's the 3rd one I see and I've been in one here in WA. These machines are truly amazing!
The only ER I’ve seen was broken down on the side of the road in Texas last summer.

waveslider

Outdoorsman
We saw an earthroamer just this weekend in central Idaho. We had two GXV trucks so they might have thought we were trying to gang up on them. Lol. It’s was cool looking.

gdaut

I saw 5 Earthroamers in Vernal Utah earlier this week; three in the Walmart parking lot and two more heading that way. I would have expected the Walmart in Vernal to be so popular with the Earthroamer set.

Oscar Mike Gulf Yankee

Saw an Earthroamer last week at Hwy 65 and Republic Road in Springfield last Saturday.

I see tons of GXV's regularly, mostly on a Ford platform, but I've seen Dodge, an International and a few on the Fuso type platforms in Springfield, Mo.

If you want to tour the GXV factory you can at 444 Tampa St. Springfield, Mo. Maybe that's why I've seen so many of them....LOL :)

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Sounds like an ER meetup in Vernal UT.

Saw an Earthroamer last week at Hwy 65 and Republic Road in Springfield last Saturday.

I see tons of GXV's regularly, mostly on a Ford platform, but I've seen Dodge, an International and a few on the Fuso type platforms in Springfield, Mo.

If you want to tour the GXV factory you can at 444 Tampa St. Springfield, Mo. Maybe that's why I've seen so many of them....LOL :)

Yeah, you're kind on the opposite side of the country for the typical action, but with your corner of the country, you appear to have a lot of good action over there.

WayNorth

Good afternoon everyone,

Seen this MAN TGM 13.290 back in late may, looks like they were visiting Whitehorse Yukon, Canada from Switzerland and headed down south.

MAN_From_Switzerland 5 Large.jpeg

MAN_From_Switzerland 2 Large.jpeg

MAN_From_Switzerland 4 Large.jpeg

Hope they had a good time in the Yukon. It looks like they have their own Instagram page at chaangvonunterwegs

We though we would share the photos with all of you,
Thanks,

WayNorth

Good afternoon everyone,

Seen this MAN overlander early this week. It looks like they were visiting Whitehorse Yukon, Canada from Germany and headed back out to the gold fields to make new discoveries.

Man_Yukon_Exploration 4 Large.jpeg

Man_Yukon_Exploration 1 Large.jpeg

Man_Yukon_Exploration 3 Large.jpeg

Hope they have a good time in the Yukon. It looks like they have their own FaceBook page at Yukon Exploration

Thanks,

WayNorth

Good afternoon everyone,

Seen this Magirus overlander earlier today. It looks like they were visiting Whitehorse Yukon, Canada from Germany.

Magirus_From_Germany 3 Large.jpeg

Magirus_From_Germany 2 Large.jpeg

Magirus_From_Germany 1 Large.jpeg

Hope they have a good time in the Yukon.

Thanks,

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Yes one will need spare tire sooner or later. I carry 1 mounted spare + beadlock = 324 lb; + 1 unmounted tire. Not anymore on the roof.
One trip to Baja I needed both.
Yep. I carried a same size spare and an unmounted tire when I used to go to Baja. About a third of the weight you do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles