Big enough to bolt a house to.

Bill Beers

Explorer
Not quite sure where to put this, but if you ever wanted to bolt your house to a overland chassis, I think this would be it:

2456853775_eedc725c2c_b.jpg

-Bill

Bill Beers

Explorer
Spikepretorius said:
Is that the gezorse pipe coming out under the door??)

I confess I don't know what gezorse means. (Neither did google! :) )

Spikepretorius said:
(nice avatar by the way. is that a Golf race car?)

That's the rally car that I navigate in. It's a '77 rabbit that currently has its transmission out and in pieces. We blew up our differential at Oregon Trail last year, (taking our muy-expensive 4.81:1 ring and pinion with it!,) and haven't got it back together yet. We're hoping to do the Mt. Hood Rally in October.

-Bill

ntsqd

Heretic Car Camper
Could be. that chrome thingy hanging off the RR corner of the cab is the heat shield for the muffler and the stack is visible above that, but they not not look like they are connected.

Lynn

Expedition Leader
It looks like some kind of stripped-down, race-prepped competition truck?

If so, does anybody know the class or venue?

The logo is Western Star, right?

Bill Beers

Explorer
Ahh.. It is definitely gezorse piping! Imagine 90 degree elbow that will connect it to the top stack.

Not a race truck. It's a Western Star 6900 4x4. Not a super common configuration, but Western Star does virtually all custom trucks.

I don't know exactly what his will be used for, but I suspect somewhere in the Middle East, possibly oilfield related?

Lynn

Expedition Leader
Bill Beers said:
Ahh.. It is definitely gezorse piping! Imagine 90 degree elbow that will connect it to the top stack.

Not a race truck. It's a Western Star 6900 4x4. Not a super common configuration, but Western Star does virtually all custom trucks.

I don't know exactly what his will be used for, but I suspect somewhere in the Middle East, possibly oilfield related?

Aaaah, so instead of stripped-down, it's in-progress. I get it.

ntsqd

Heretic Car Camper
Mid-East hadn't occurred to me. I'd been thinking that it was an In-Process build for Ag use. Some fertilizer truck uses would be a perfect fit to that chassis.

Funrover

Expedition Leader
That is AWSOME!!!!! I have seen a few retired semis used for towing 5th wheels, that could be the more aggressive off road version LOL

Bill Beers

Explorer
Well, I know ititially it's going to Haka Motors in Saudi Arabia. I'm just assuming it will stay in the region.

I've heard they spec out some trucks like this to carry water and a high pressure water jet to clean off powerlines. I don't know the details though.

Lynn

Expedition Leader
Wow

I just spent the last few minutes perusing Western Star's site, and all I can say is, wow.

If I were rich and famous (or just rich ;) ) I think I would get Unicat to build me a rig on one of those Western Star AWD SRW rigs (as shown under their 'military' or 'export' menus).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94