Black Rock Desert/High Rock Canyon

Status
Not open for further replies.

locrwln

Expedition Leader
I know its late notice, but here it goes. Saturday May 20, Sunday May 21 and Monday May 22. Just a little trip up into the Black Rock Desert of Northern Nevada. The plan is to leave Reno on Saturday morning at
0730. The final departure location is still being worked out... Travel north on Pyramid Hwy. past the lake and through the Smoke Creek Desert to Gerlach. We will refuel and take care of any last minute ice or water type supplies. Then if it ever stops raining, we will cut across the playa to Black Rock Point/Double Hot Springs area. From there, we will head up the East side of the Valley to Mud Lake/Soldier Meadows. Depending on how we are doing on time, we will either camp south of Mud Lake or make our way up to High Rock Lake and pitch the tent.

Sunday we will get up and head into High Rock Canyon. From there things aren't so set in stone. It all depends on how well we are doing on time. We will set up camp somewhere around Stevens Camp, or head back out and over towards Leadville and down to Melody Meadows and camp near the cabin.

Monday head back into Reno and call it a weekend. Also as a side note, the Battle Born Cruisers had to change their weekend trip to that same weekend, so there is a good chance that we will run into them as well. They are only going for two days.

So any and all are welcome. My house is already full, but I have an acre to park your trailer/rv type vehicle on so let me know.

Later,
Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz