Black Widow basket roof rack question

FettsWay

Adventurer
I have been lurking for awhile on this gold mine of a site and just now registered so I can begin asking all my questions, so expect to see alot of my posts.

My 4x4 rig it not expedition or offroad style like most, but more camping, fishing, and kayaking. And I want to get a roof top basket and not spend alot ($300 Yakima is too much right now).

I have seen that some of the Black Widow basket for $100 and was hoping to get some more feedback.

http://www.discountramps.com/roof-rack-basket.htm

I plan on using it for camping chairs, maybe a small gas can or two, an ax or shovel...will it support these items? I currently have yakima round bars and hope it will mount to these with ease.

Thanks!

Speaker

Adventurer
I've never used that one specifically... but it looks like a VERY similar design to the Coleman rack I have. If all you want to put is camp chairs and some gas cans up there, you'll be fine. My coleman says it's only supposed to support something like 75lbs, but it seems to hold two kayaks, two 10 foot rafts, and the person standing on top strapping all of the stuff down just fine.

Edit: check out this thread, it mentions the black widow on pg. 4

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles