Blue Ox II

RU55ELL

Explorer
Well good mate, hopefully (and most likely) it'll go to a good home... I shivver to think of what they'll put you in...Some pice of non-Toyota Garbage. I've got my fingers crossed for you that it's at least a CUmmins powered Dodge...

Anyway. Sorry to hear you have to giver up mate. Don't lose touch with the Portal just cause the truck goes away ok ;)

Cheers

Dave

No luck on any diesel. The majority of the people that had them didn't properly maintain them and now the company won't buy anymore. :(

They are buying a 1/2 ton, crew cab 4x4 in the Big 3 variety. I'm planning on buying a cheaper rig to kit out instead. I've thought about buying back the original Blue Ox. :costumed-smiley-007

RU55ELL

Explorer
I'm also wondering if I could just keep what I have right now since I doubt it is any less capable than a 1/2-ton and just pocket the allowance, save up and buy something awesome later. I only owe ~10k on mine, so I'd be able to pay it off super fast.

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
Yeah a 1/2 ton domestic is built about as tough as your Taco (maybe a Dodge 2500 is a bit tougher, but not alot...) Add some airbags and maybe upgrade the brakes and you've pretty much got a 1/2 ton truck right there. I like the way you're thinking here Russell.

Course, if ya sold Blue II , bought an X-Cab older mini-Pick up (beefier frame and ifs then the current Taco), upgeaded the brakes to larger disks @ all 4 corners, throw on some OME's with some air-bags, do a 3.4 Swap with an SC and you've got a WAY beefier truck then what they'er looking art puting you into. Not as comfy as Blue II (a step far back really)

Sorry mate I'm just trying to keep you where you belong: IN A TOYOTA ;)

Cheers

Dave

huntsonora

Explorer
So are you moving to CO with the job transfer or staying in TX. As a native Texan in CO I can tell you that its heaven up here in the summer!

RU55ELL

Explorer
Oh, I'm staying in TX for sure. There is no other state that I could love as much. Of course, I would be happy to N. Texas. :D

RU55ELL

Explorer
I removed the hub assembly last night, used the press at work to replace the bearings, came home during lunch and put it back together then drove it back to work. All is well again. Well until the other side goes. :eek:

RU55ELL

Explorer
I imagine the truck will be up for sale right after the first of the year. After that, I'll be looking for another solid-axle Toyota to kit out. I've been somewhat kicking around snatching up LaOutback's 4Runner but I'll have more money in it with a SAS than what I would like. :eek:

RU55ELL

Explorer
Well it just left the driveway. Bittersweet for sure. It's nice to not have any debt except the house now, but I hate to sell a good truck.

Tim A

Adventurer
Well it just left the driveway. Bittersweet for sure. It's nice to not have any debt except the house now, but I hate to sell a good truck.

Time for a sig change. Congrats on the sale, variety is the spice of life.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier