Blundstone boots now made in Thailand? Quality?

Flagster

Expedition Leader
That "chunking" of the sole is one of the largest complaints of the boots since production was moved...not sure if this is just a coincidence of changing materials, cheaper materials and not a reflection of where they are made but regardless it is dissapointing...my 500s have been worn close to daily for 4 years and show no abnormal wear on the sole...

mjmcdowell

Explorer
Blundstone boots, not....

Here I go again, this time I am going to try a pair of "Redback boots" same style as the "B" boots only these are truly made in OZ... the write up's on them are very favorable....... we shall see.... :coffee: stay safe, mjmcdowell

mjmcdowell

Explorer
Blundstone boot's.......... again

Well I returned pair #2 and saw that the #550 boots had double row stitching throughout and a full leather lining, an upgrade, .......... so since they had my size (and if not good) I could return yet a third pair of boot's!! I purchased them. At last! a pair with no faults, I have been wearing them since every day and no problems, even in this short time of a few weeks I have put them thru the wringer so I guess this "Blundstone" adventure is over... Vietnam??? I just won't read the label...... stay safe mjmcdowell :)

mjmcdowell

Explorer
Blundstone boots....... update

Well I returned pair #2 and saw that the #550 boots had double row stitching throughout and a full leather lining, an upgrade, .......... so since they had my size (and if not good) I could return yet a third pair of boot's!! I purchased them. At last! a pair with no faults, I have been wearing them since every day and no problems, even in this short time of a few weeks I have put them thru the wringer so I guess this "Blundstone" adventure is over... Vietnam??? I just won't read the label...... stay safe mjmcdowell :)

Well I wore my 550's in the Moab area for 12 days, Canyonlands, Arches, White rim trail, Valley of the gods, etc. they got scuffed and beat up pretty good... got home, cleaned them up, waxed them, good as new. No issues at all, the 550's get my vote, light, tough and comfortable! mjmcdowell

Leo504

Brewmaster
In 2011 I picked up a pair of 561's and wore them for 5 months in the Afghanistan mountains. They held up wonderfully and still look good enough to be a daily boot back in the States. When these finally wear out I'll order another pair. Regardless of where they're made, I'm a fan.

Flagster

Expedition Leader
Any recommendations for a good conditioner for a new pair of blundstones...I usually use nikwax or snoseal

spunky2268

Adventurer
Nikwax was recommended when I bought my Blundies and it kept the uppers looking great for years. The soles are what let me down.

D110

Observer
I believe RM Williams still makes their boots in Australia - I've had a pair of the Stockyards for 5+ years and love them - I think the construction and materials are superior to the Blundstones, though the stockyards are the cheapest in their lineup which gets quite expensive. My next pair will be the Gardner.

Firesong

I just bought a pair yesterday. Looked at the 550's but settled on the grey ones 567's. We have a great store for them. They don't sell the 500's. Have a token pair but explain how the sole isn't made for our climate and falls apart. They also mentioned the stitching of the 500's vs the 550's and others. They are a boot repair place. They can repair and fix all boots. They showed me some blunds that were 7 years old that they were resoleing and replacing the elastic sides. Very impressed. They feel good with the superfeet insoles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz