Blundstone boots now made in Thailand? Quality?

mjmcdowell

Explorer
Blundstone Boots........... Vietnam???????

OK..... I turned over the tag and there it was, "made in Vietnam":Wow1: Well I guess after all these years it shouldn't bother me as lot's of clothes labeled "Columbia" are made there also and I have had good luck with them. I just thought I might have ones made in OZ. Oh well it still takes a bit getting used to seeing "Made in Vietnam". Thanks Tango Blue, stay safe, mjmcdowell

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
OK..... I turned over the tag and there it was, "made in Vietnam":Wow1:
Not long ago I read a story regarding shoe manufacturing in Asia. Anyone who knows anything about the world's best cycling and motorcycle footwear knows and highly respects Sidi of Italy. They've been making the world's best shoes and boots since 1960 - in Italy. Just a couple years ago, Sidi founder Dino Signori said that Italy had been making the world's best footwear since the age of the Renaissance. He also said he'd put any shoe made in Vietnam agains any shoe in Italy. He went on to say the infrastructure in Vietnam was a mess, but as it relates to the ability to construct premium footwear, Vietnam is every bit as capable as Italy.

Having spent some time around Italian factories...two hour lunch breaks probably don't exist in Saigon.

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
OK..... I turned over the tag and there it was, "made in Vietnam":Wow1: Well I guess after all these years it shouldn't bother me as lot's of clothes labeled "Columbia" are made there also and I have had good luck with them. I just thought I might have ones made in OZ. Oh well it still takes a bit getting used to seeing "Made in Vietnam". Thanks Tango Blue, stay safe, mjmcdowell

That's what I said! "Times - they are a changin'..." - bạn đang chào đón!

You too.

grimbo

Explorer
Been wearing blunnies on/off for years. Even have a pair of suede ones that I bought on sale (1/2 price) that have stood the test of time.
Recent trip tried BBQing the soles ...still holding up.

On a snow trip I sat a bit close to the fire, jumped up quickly as my feet were suddenly very hot. The soles had gone all spongy and had started separating from the body if the shoe. Of course I stood up
Straight into ice cold snow which set the rubber, which would have been ok if they were straight. Two ruined ,pretty much brand new , Blunnies.

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
On a snow trip I sat a bit close to the fire, jumped up quickly as my feet were suddenly very hot. The soles had gone all spongy and had started separating from the body if the shoe. Of course I stood up Straight into ice cold snow which set the rubber, which would have been ok if they were straight. Two ruined ,pretty much brand new , Blunnies.

Stick with shrimp on the barbie, mate... :rolleyes:

GS1150

Observer
Here is a pic of my 500s that I've owned about 4 years and worn maybe 100 times to work at a desk job.100_0501.jpg

mjmcdowell

Explorer
Blundstone boots, Bah humbug!!!!

Soooooo..... I broke down and got a pair of 500's, (always have wanted a pair) stout brown color (only way "stout" can be used in connection with these boots) returned the first pair after a days use for exchange, leather at the seam of upper to sole on boots had split in several places. Not a problem, now I notice on the second pair the stitching has failed on the back of the right boot, ( why only a single row of stitching beats me......) anyway I will be returning them tomorrow for a full refund, (having worn them for only a week, and only on city streets no less!) Thats it for me at $150 a pop ($ 195 at the local Orvis store :Wow1) I will not try a third time. POS from Vietnam.... should have known better. :mad: Oh well, No more rant. stay safe mjmcdowell

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
Soooooo..... I broke down and got a pair of 500's, (always have wanted a pair) stout brown color (only way "stout" can be used in connection with these boots) returned the first pair after a days use for exchange, leather at the seam of upper to sole on boots had split in several places. Not a problem, now I notice on the second pair the stitching has failed on the back of the right boot, ( why only a single row of stitching beats me......) anyway I will be returning them tomorrow for a full refund, (having worn them for only a week, and only on city streets no less!) Thats it for me at $150 a pop ($ 195 at the local Orvis store :Wow1) I will not try a third time. POS from Vietnam.... should have known better. :mad: Oh well, No more rant. stay safe mjmcdowell

That sucks - I'm really sorry to hear that.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles