Bonanza Trail - Red Rock Canyon

ntsqd

Heretic Car Camper
I need to spend more time out there. I've a friend in CA City who helps with FOJ and knows the area like few others.

Saturday morning Justin must have thought he had a crazy trailing him into the Circle K. Good to meet ya!

Who was the Liberty + Horizon combo? I passed them going south on CA14 just south of San Fernando Rd. Sunday evening. I had a feeling that whomever it was might frequent this forum, but I didn't have much time to get the driver's attention and wave.

MuddyMudskipper

Camp Ninja
Who was the Liberty + Horizon combo? I passed them going south on CA14 just south of San Fernando Rd. Sunday evening. I had a feeling that whomever it was might frequent this forum, but I didn't have much time to get the driver's attention and wave.

You saw swanyo (a.k.a. Scott) and his daughter Maya.

JChatary

Outdoor Daydreamer
Another great write up Dave! I thoroughly enjoyed this trip (and the gut-busting chili burgers & cheese fries on the way home too! :victory:)

FurthurOnTheFly

Glamping Society
Wow looks like a fantastic area to explore. May have to hit this up on our Spring Break adventure.....any chance on getting those gps waypoints for the blm cabins? I think I've found everything else via maps.

suntinez

Explorer
Nice write-up Dave, thanks for sharing! Pretty cool that the cabins still exist/are maintained.

I really need to connect with you/Yosh (off pavement) sometime ... you do some great trips. :smiley_drive: Ok I wanna see the SMB too!

KG6BWS

Explorer
it was good hanging out with yall again. tiffany had a real good time too, she wants to go again.

I need to spend more time out there. I've a friend in CA City who helps with FOJ and knows the area like few others.

Saturday morning Justin must have thought he had a crazy trailing him into the Circle K. Good to meet ya!

yeah it was pretty funny. passed a toyota, next thing i know hes right behind me, then he follows me into the gas station. im sittin there thinkin to myself "********...whatd i do this time?!?!?!". it was good to meet you though. wish wed had time to chat a little more. oh well, maybe next time.

swanyo

Observer
Great write-up! The cabins looked better in the photos than I remember, it will be easier to convince my wife on a return trip if I show her those. Glad to meet all of you! I haven't had a good fire like that in a long time, good company also.

JChatary

Outdoor Daydreamer
Great write-up! The cabins looked better in the photos than I remember, it will be easier to convince my wife on a return trip if I show her those. Glad to meet all of you! I haven't had a good fire like that in a long time, good company also.

Next time I'm going to take a mid-day power nap so I can stay up later than 9:30pm! Camp fires make me so relaxed!!!!!

Yes...good company by all!

JChatary

Outdoor Daydreamer
Good stuff! Looked fun. Tri-tip, yum!

-m

Dave & I did a trip once and had a tri-tip throw-down against each other. He did his with a killer dry rub for ribs and a garlic butter injection. I did mine with a bourbon peppercorn marinade. Dave was crowned the victor as "Iron Chef Calico" and took the title! We all ate like kings that night!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior