Boomer the Quadravan 4x4 Camper

spencyg

This Space For Rent
A couple more pics from the trip last weekend.

If you ever have an opportunity to travel in the North Maine Woods, do it. I've been going up there for years and every time seems like the first time. Wilderness Forever.

Speaking of wilderness, 2 bear, 2 moose, a deer, A small Salmon and a few good size Chub were my tally for the weekend. Awesome.

SG

Jb1rd

Explorer
I love watching your progress and dedication to Boomer, I hope my new baby gets a fraction of the attention and use, key word USE!!!!! Thanks for the time and effort you put into documenting and sharing on the forum.

spencyg

This Space For Rent
Mountain State Overland just released the Season 3 trailer on YouTube. Check it out!!!

Be looking for Episode 1 on August 17th!

SG

justcuz

Explorer
Cool, can't wait to see the entire video.

Were you able to get those lost hunters guides before they arrived?

Last edited:

spencyg

This Space For Rent
Thanks Chris!

Episode 2 is out!

Not too shabby if I do say so myself!

In other news, Boomer took the family along with 2 other families deep into Vermont this past weekend on a trip I've coined "Ghost Trip". Lots of great fun was had by all and Boomer did exceptionally well except for the last day. I continue to run myself out of fuel due in part to non functioning tank level sensors. Normally this hasn't been a problem because the engine starts surging before going dead, and there is typically more than enough time to swap tanks before it dies completely. The issue comes up when I run out of fuel just as I shut down the engine, either before or after swapping tanks. This happened AGAIN on Monday and it takes an excessive amount of engine cranking to get things cleared up. This also hasn't been a big deal in the past due to my battery capacity, but this time I burned up the starter. This wasn't apparent until I shut down for lunch later on Monday afternoon, with the subsequent restart being met with a mere "CLICK". After banging on the starter with a hammer for awhile it woke up and we didn't shut down again until our arrival home. Surprisingly, starters are not too terribly expensive so as I wait for one to arrive in the mail, I'm also starting to think seriously about fixing my silly fuel gauges...

The season isn't nearly over yet, so I suspect there are still a couple projects in the books for 2016. Boomer will be at Vermont Overland Rally at the end of September, we're thinking about another fall family trip in October, and the DRAM 4 in November. 22 nights in Boomer so far this season (doesn't sound like much, but quite a lot for us!) with another 10 or so expected before things start freezing up and 2016 closes out.

So stay tuned!!!

SG

Mwilliamshs

Explorer
An electric lift pump can solve that excessive engine cranking issue, including the one from leaking return lines, o-rings, fittings. VERY good upgrade to any IDI.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94