Boomerang Tire Cover!

Schattenjager

Expedition Leader
Yesterday I received a "Joey" model tire cover from www.boomco.com in Colorado. It is, in a word, AWESOME! The quality of materials and build is top shelf and the design is very neat.

I was toying with the idea of mounting the tire on the rack and fabricating a storage box to mount on the door for easy access to recovery gear. This Boomco solution not only keeps the tire clean and easy to get to, but has plenty of room behind the cover for shackles, straps, etc.

My only concern is a way to secure it to the Disco so it does not grow legs and disappear. Here in Anchorage things have a tendency to "relocate." Any ideas?

I'm going to re-post this in the GEAR section for our less fortunate - non- Land Rover having, expedition brethren to see. LOL :peepwall:

Last edited:

pwc

Explorer
What about those webbed backpack security nets? Can you maybe sew that into the inside of it somehow, so that goes around the tire first, gets secured, and the cover is on last, permanently attached to the web?

pwc

Explorer
something like this

120wrap1.jpg

Icewalker

Adventurer
That mesh net is what I'd go with. BTW is that the standard size cover or did you get an oversize one? I went up a few sizes on tire and my cover won't fit anymore. Think I may be tempted to get one of those myself - not sure how it would stand up to having D-shackles in it - but tree straps etc should be fine.

Jeff

Schattenjager

Expedition Leader
It was about $120.00 with shipping.

The material is very tough. I know guys that carry d-shackles in theirs, but this is too new for me to do that just yet! :ylsmoke:

The size was ordered for a 32" tire as I run 235/85/16s. You can also order a plain one - or various types of critters. The print is semi reflective too. I do not know if this is just because it is new a shinny or by design, but for now it is a nice feature.

Love the net idea....

Last edited:

HenryJ

Expedition Leader
Schattenjager said:
It was about $120.00 with shipping...The size was ordered for a 32" tire as I run 235/85/16s. You order a plain one - or various types of critters. The print is semi reflective too.
That size might work for my 33x9.5-15 tires. Did you order the "Standard" size or "Large"?
Where can they be purchased? Online would be preferable. I'd like to find a plain one.

Schattenjager

Expedition Leader
I do believe that they have them for just about every size tire - not just large / medium etc.

I called www.boomco.com at 888-521-6372 and told them what I needed. :REOutArchery02:

HenryJ

Expedition Leader
Schattenjager said:
I do believe that they have them for just about every size tire - not just large / medium etc.

I called www.boomco.com at 888-521-6372 and told them what I needed. :REOutArchery02:

Did they sell to you directly? I contacted them and was referred to roversnorth.com
They only list standard and large as options. They do not offer one without the LandRover logo. I just don't think the L/R guys would have much of a sense of humor about a Chevy with a L/R cover. Just a little "tacky" ;)

Schattenjager

Expedition Leader
Well... just think of the added re-sell to the Chevy if you did! :clapsmile

They did sell direct to me. Did you check out their website? They make them for Hummer and others. I would have bet money they told me I could have a plain one too. If you are still having problems on Monday, let me know and I'll see if I can help you out!

Now I am off to take pictures of the DII in this DEEP snow we have had the past week! Wheee!!! :wings:

Good Weekend ALL!

Icewalker

Adventurer
Schattenjager said:
Well... just think of the added re-sell to the Chevy if you did! :clapsmile

They did sell direct to me. Did you check out their website? They make them for Hummer and others. I would have bet money they told me I could have a plain one too. If you are still having problems on Monday, let me know and I'll see if I can help you out!

Now I am off to take pictures of the DII in this DEEP snow we have had the past week! Wheee!!! :wings:

Good Weekend ALL!

Now I hate you ;) We've had one snow storm in NH - just one :( and all of that is gone now. It'll be a miracle if we get even a foot of snow this year. None of the local lakes have frozen up either.

Jeff

HenryJ

Expedition Leader
Schattenjager said:
...They did sell direct to me. Did you check out their website?
I did check out the website. It seems very limited and lacks information. I am not impressed.
I made a second inquiry with no response. I like the idea, but may have to just make my own if I can not buy one.
Maybe the contracts with manufacturers are more important that dealing with the consumers?

They do have a phone number, but I am not one for phone conversations. I guess if that is the only option, I could resort to that ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94