Box Rocket 1995 FZJ80 Build

Box Rocket

This last trip was a little rough on the truck and besides the broken swingout hinge on my rear tire carrier I also destroyed a ring and pinion in the front diff. The diff is almost back together with a new set of 4.88's and new bearings etc. But I've had a spare front diff sitting on the shelf for a while with plans to upgrade the front axle in my sons minitruck with the high pinion elocker. Having the spare diff has been nice because I just installed the spare diff so the truck wouldn't be down and unusable. Since the spare diff is 4.10 gears the front axle shafts are still out and the front driveshaft is out and I've been driving in 2WD. The spare diff just made it so I didn't have a massive open hole in the front axle housing while the ring and pinion was being replaced.
Untitled by Adam Tolman, on Flickr

I thought this was pretty wild. When the pinion flange was removed there were a couple big chunks of ring gear on the flange. No visible damage to the pinion gear but they somehow made their way past the pinion to the flange. Wild.

Box Rocket

I can't remember the last time I used the CB radio I had in the ashtray location. So I ordered a Wits End Useless Ashtray Switchplate. This was great because I had my two main light switches in the Delta Shifter console, but I also had three other light switches that used random switches and were in some random spots. I got three new switches from OTRATTW that were labeled as I needed them and replaced all the random switches and moved them to the Wits End Switchplate. Much better than what I had.
80Series-Late-Ashtray-Insert-Carling-black__05084.1629218429 by Adam Tolman, on Flickr

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste

Members online