Brand spank'in new Bantam T3 build

Dirtytires

Explorer
I would throwing a fit. Them welds on the ends look like doggy poo. Call them and gripe maybe they will send yo a new one and you can sell that one for a little recoupe of your aggravation.

McZippie

Walmart Adventure Camper
I would throwing a fit. Them welds on the ends look like doggy poo. Call them and gripe maybe they will send yo a new one and you can sell that one for a little recoupe of your aggravation.

I'm sure they'll replace it after I go through more aggravation of convincing/proving them that it was their mistake.
Some of that poo is their very thick drippy and sticky paint/tar.
I was suprised to see that the axle had a bow in the middle.
I've read somwhere that trailer axles have a bow, but don't understand why???

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
I was suprised to see that the axle had a bow in the middle.
I've read somwhere that trailer axles have a bow, but don't understand why???

Pre-load for weight carrying probably? Perfect example is the pre-load bow they engineer into Semi Trailer Flat Decks.

dd.jpg

Unloaded they bow up in the middle. Under load they level out...they are pre-stressed for their intended load maybe?

I could be talking out my you know what however? Bummer you need to get your axle replaced and re-shipped.

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
I work in the sign industry, if we sent out a comercial sign an inch off from spec
We would be eating it!
I would email a link to your build and show them they are dealing with more than one pair of ears.

The trailers do make cool parade floats..........Here is my M101A2 in the Oakmont Christmas parade. The girls and I had a blast.

Attachments

• DSC06006.JPG
    DSC06006.JPG
    151.4 KB · Views: 47

McZippie

Walmart Adventure Camper
I work in the sign industry, if we sent out a comercial sign an inch off from spec
We would be eating it!
I would email a link to your build and show them they are dealing with more than one pair of ears.

The trailers do make cool parade floats..........Here is my M101A2 in the Oakmont Christmas parade. The girls and I had a blast.

Cute Float!
Called Dexter today. Was on the phone for about three minutes.
They faxed me a return item sheet for pick-up of the bad axle at my house.
They'll build a new axle today and ship it overnight.

Dirtytires

Explorer
I am glad that they manned up to their screw up. Now get back to work!! It is coming together nicely. Where did those lights come from? I like the cage idea.
saves you from getting them all smacked up by small branches and woods.

DividingCreek

Explorer
digging that pot belly stove in your workshop. I have a big ugly old Ponderosa in mine with a window fan behind it to push the heat out into the room.

McZippie

Walmart Adventure Camper
digging that pot belly stove in your workshop. I have a big ugly old Ponderosa in mine with a window fan behind it to push the heat out into the room.

Yep, use fans too.... it's always a good excuse to take a break and feed it more wood.

Had a good few evenings working on the trailer.
Got the axle mounted and tail light wires run through the A-frame.
Measured the axle to front of the A-Frame to see if it was square... to my surprise and delight it was within a 1/16th of an inch.
I either ordered the wrong U-bolt axle brackets or they shipped me the wrong ones, they are for a smaller diameter axle.
The local trailer shop didn't have any brackets with shock mounts, so I cut the shock mounts off the small brackets and welded them to the larger brackets.
It's ready to be flipped over, but I'll wait until some friends come over on Sunday to watch the Packer game.
Below is a pic of the tail light bracket, the notch is so the lights don't hang below the frame.

386304_2767206623899_2125731170_n.jpg

380906_2766774853105_1018889746_n.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94