Bringing Sexy Back. AKA 93' LWB RRC

getlost4x4

Expedition Leader
#1
So this is more of a restoration barn find RRC. It has 192K on it. I found it online about 30 minutes from my house. The transfer case chain had snapped and the previous owner had put it in a barn since 2005. He decided to finally sell it. I'm the second owner. It was taken care of and treated to many services at Land Rover in Salt Lake City. (Anyone from the area knows Land Rover is actually in Centerville though).:ylsmoke:

At the same time I found a 1988 RRC in poor condition. But it had a good motor, transmission and transfercase. A deal was done and I picked both up for $900.:Wow1: HA HA HA! I was able to hook a battery up to both to check for electrical issues. Both fired right up on Ether. So I purchased them. All the windows and door locks work on these. AMAZING!

Anyway I hauled both home behind my F350 on a gooseneck trailer. I'll leave out most pictures of the 1988 RRC because its been slaughtered in a gruesome manner. Parents please cover your childrens eyes.

Some pictures of the 93 LWB after I got them off the trailer the next day.







The engine bay and underneath of the truck were covered in Spider webs. I HATE SPIDERS. So I almost had a heart attach when they were hatching the next day from the webs of spider eggs. I did some preliminary pressure washing on the street. The engine bay needs a little more work though.

 

getlost4x4

Expedition Leader
#4
I removed the Transfercase from the 1993, but since it was such a pain, I didn't take any pictures. Sorry. I'm still trying to finish bolting everything back together on the case. It has not been as easy as I thought it would be. I'm also cleaning a lot of the crap off the underside of the truck.

The oil pan had been leaking for many years. So I decided to pull it and clean it up. What a nitemare. But after a good cleaning in the parts washer and a little paint. It was good as new.



The pick-up and screen was really clean. The inside of the pan didn't have any garbage in it either. So I cleaned up the mating surfaces and stuck the freshly painted pan back on with some highly resistant oil, high temp silicon. Bolted it up and let the silicon set up overnight before I refilled it with 2 gallons of oil.



 

getlost4x4

Expedition Leader
#6
Still haven't finished the transfer case. But yesterday, I found a sweet deal on some used wheels and tires. The stock wheels weren't doing it for me. They are pretty ugly. I also clay barred the paint and buffed it out. I still need to finish the roof once its off the jackstands. Nevermind the garage. Its become a war zone. As soon as the title shows up, I'm taking the 88 to the scrap yard. Then it shall be shredded and its existence shall become a Korean car.





 

getlost4x4

Expedition Leader
#7
Okay. Today my left rear tail light showed up and I installed that. I also found this brush guard locally for a steal! Cleaned it up and gave it a nice paint job tonight. Then I had my wife give me a hand with the install.



 
#8
Doing the same thing with a Brooklands green 94 with LSE interior. My parts rig is an 89. My cats are rattling and the blower fans for both ac and heat are dead so i suspect a relay or fuse issue.
 

getlost4x4

Expedition Leader
#9
Finally getting around to finishing the T-Case install. I'll update soon. Trying not to let the OCD side of me clean everything perfectly before I put it all back in. Pictures will be up tonight or tomorrow with the old girl back on the ground.
 

getlost4x4

Expedition Leader
#11
I clay barred it and buffed it out. I've been taking a break from the transfer case. Its getting closer. Today I may finish up the t-case. Then reassemble the interior.



A couple of the back seat. The advantage of a LWB, comfortable seating for adults.