Brought home ZEE PINZ!

Colorado Ron

Explorer
Finally bought a 710k I have had my eyes on for over a year. Nice condition! Cant wait to start building it up! I will be using this as my RWT vehicle instead of the suburban! Graham you missed out! Drove by your house yesterday on the way home to show it off--but I guess you were out playing in the MTNs Nathan said.:088:

gjackson

FRGS
Very sweet!! Sorry I missed it. I was up in the mountains on Mosquito pass. Still love to see it though.

cheers

Scott Brady

Founder
You have had some great toys recently!

We need some pics! Preferably with tires in the air (easy with a Pinz :088: )

Colorado Ron

Explorer
Pics of first night in the driveway!LOL

Pinzhome.jpg

You can see the cool roof hatch here!
Pinzhome1.jpg

Here you can see the rear seating. My plan is to remove the table and install same seats, just facing the rear so I have room for the kiddos:
Pinzhome3.jpg

And one of the many cool features of "ZEE PINZ":
Pinzhome4.jpg

Colorado Ron

Explorer
Me too! I have personally wanted this one in paticular because the owner was crazy about maintence and such. Drooling, I watched it just sit there for over a year. No rust(few small bubbles). Runs perfect, shift smooths and cruises down the highway at 65mph. Can easily take it up to 75, but cruises nice at 65. Not bad for old bias plys. Wheel base and turning radius of a Jeep wrangler, clearance of a pinz, and room of a mini van + some! Comes locked as Im sure you know front and rear and shifts on the fly. What more could you ask for as a expedition platform!

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
Awesome vehicle. Good luck with getting it kitted out for the big trip - should be a ton of fun.

:lurk:

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
Oh yea, if you haven't seen his stuff, you may want to hit up Thilo (T-Lo) for some of his accessories. He has some sweet add-ons/replacements for the Pinz. (And might not hurt to bend his ear and see about getting some drivetrain upgrades done to yours considering where you plan to take it).

Way cool Ron!

Grim Reaper

Expedition Leader
You know what you need...24V Airconditioners.

I just happen to have 6. Bolt them up to the cage and go. :sombrero:

Colorado Ron

Explorer
Grim Reaper said:
You know what you need...24V Airconditioners.

I just happen to have 6. Bolt them up to the cage and go. :sombrero:

Are you joking and these are the size of a small house, or do you actually have some that would fit decently? If so, lemme know the specs, size, make, and pics if you can.

Colorado Ron

Explorer
Lotsa ideas goin thru my head right now. I think Im just going to try and keep it simple. Change the color and get some new tires.

Grim Reaper

Expedition Leader
Colorado Ron said:
Are you joking and these are the size of a small house, or do you actually have some that would fit decently? If so, lemme know the specs, size, make, and pics if you can.

Not to bad of size. They were on some cabinets I bought that will eventually become a Safari trailer.

These things surface mount through a flat panel. Its a pair with one stacked on the other. I have not pulled the shrouds yet to see the actual size The outer cabinet is about 19 inches wide and about 22 tall. So each unit is about 11 inches tall.

They way its built you could Plexiglas over the divider and hang it on that. It would be easy enough to make some ducts for them.

I have some of the schematics and repair manuals on them even. See what sort of power it requires to run them. They are actually a lead and a second if it gets too hot for one to do the job or one fails then the other comes on. It has a preset temp it comes on at but the sensor is easily bypassed or replaced with a variable and I might be able to help out on a variable as well off some other decommissioned gear I can buy. These are off of some Telecommunications boxes that run 24v power.

These should work fine. They were running up till about 2 months ago. I have a rectifier at work that should be able to power them so I can be double sure.

Attachments

• AC1.jpg
    AC1.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 44
  • AC2.jpg
    AC2.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 54
  • AC3.jpg
    AC3.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 49
  • AC4.jpg
    AC4.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 40

DaktariEd

2005, 2006 Tech Course Champion: Expedition Trophy
Excellent vehicle, Ron!
Congratulations!:victory:
Should be a terrific expedition vehicle...and will turn a lot of heads!
I'd love to see it in person some day.
Maybe bring it down to the Fall Expedition Portal Event???
:1888fbbd:
Ed

Scott Brady

Founder
Those are "cool" A/C units. And the fact that it will not be mounted on the roof.

Ron,

Have I mentioned that this project IS SWEET! :victory:

Grim Reaper

Expedition Leader
expeditionswest said:
Those are "cool" A/C units. And the fact that it will not be mounted on the roof.

Ron,

Have I mentioned that this project IS SWEET! :victory:

If they could have only been 12V then I could have built a home made Engle LOL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz