Bruder Exp-4 thoughts?

Amkesler26

Interested in everyones thoughts on a Bruder Exp-4 travel trailer. I am getting close of pulling the trigger on a tear drop that can travel fast over forest roads and get me into the back country without slowing me down. This seems to check all the boxes for a hard sided camper for my needs. I live in NV that suffers from high winds constantly and can stand my RTT flapping all night any longer. Price is high, but seems like for the suspension it "might" be worth it....

jays0n

Adventurer
I saw an EXP-6 being towed by a Ford Raptor the other day in Cle Elem, WA. The thing looked like it was dipped in money, near $70k is what it seems they will cost when available here. It's cool but that's a lot of scratch. Looks like they are selling them in the US now, from what the Googler told me anyway.

slindn

Interested in everyones thoughts on a Bruder Exp-4 travel trailer. I am getting close of pulling the trigger on a tear drop that can travel fast over forest roads and get me into the back country without slowing me down. This seems to check all the boxes for a hard sided camper for my needs. I live in NV that suffers from high winds constantly and can stand my RTT flapping all night any longer. Price is high, but seems like for the suspension it "might" be worth it....

I looked at the Bruder as well but, like others have said, there doesn't seem to be much info on these other than what Bruder itself puts out. The hard-sided trailer that I'm really interested in is this model from an Australian company called Zone RV. They make a 10-ft, 12-ft, and 15-ft version of their Expedition Series trailer. The 15-ft has a kitchen area inside, although it looks to be quite a price jump from the 12-ft. The guys at Zone RV have pretty thoroughly bashed this thing around various off-road destinations in the Australian outback (check their YouTube channel), so I think they are built to last.

1565122283252.png

I'm looking at a 12-ft model myself. It has a queen bed on the lower level and then an option for another queen bed in the pop top area. Kitchen, fridge, pantry are accessed from outside. Zone RV says they expect to be taking orders for shipment to the USA starting in January 2020.

My first post! I just bought a version of a Bruder but made by North Coast Campers (Brian) and distributed by offroadrv.com (Bill) . Off Road Sniper X Expedition. I saw it at the show in Arrington, VA last Saturday at Overland EAST. I had originally come to look at the Black Series and a few other ones but when I walked in the door of this camper, I immediately heard myself say this was going to be ours.
Not saying that is the way to do it, lol, but that was how it happened.
Listen, if you think you are going to buy one or something like these, go to these shows and buy the demo. Mine was a prototype that they have been showing. Not one thing wrong, but they do not want to have to haul these things back to where they came from (in my case, this trailer is distributed out of Oklahoma) but made in Australia. Not only did I get a killer deal, I did not have to wait for it to be made, shipped and go through customs. I know absolutely nothing about camping, except the few times I went tent camping, but I just jumped in and did it. Opportunity was there. I saved $30,000.00 doing that. I know it is not on the same level as the Bruder, but I will never know what I am missing. Has the suspension like all Australian made off road trailers do....the owner, Brian, is the guy on the right in the picture with 2 guys in it. The other guy is Bill, the U.S. distributor. Brian was there at the show and we spent close to 4 hours talking to him while he pointed out every thing about the trailer. We did send it back with them to put an AC unit in it. East Coast summer humidity is a deal breaker for me. As I said, I am jumping in head first but I wanted a camper that I could grow up with and would last longer than most anything out there while giving me the option to expand into boon docking when I feel like I know what I am doing. I should be getting pictures from them tomorrow and if you are interested, I can post those of the inside. I have a ton of ideas to make the space more usable, so like buying a house, you have to start with the shell, and I may eventually change things around to get more storage/space. But, that too will be a process of learning what I will need. This is a 14' model and has a shower/toilet in it but not sure how much we will actually use it but nice to have if we did need it.

Attachments

• offraod-rv-sniper-x-night-light-overlander.jpg
    offraod-rv-sniper-x-night-light-overlander.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 200
  • offraod-rv-sniper-x-little-sniper.jpg
    offraod-rv-sniper-x-little-sniper.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 198
  • offraod-rv-sniper-x-snow-mountain.jpg
    offraod-rv-sniper-x-snow-mountain.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 204
  • SSipU%wrQqGPIx7yr9NwjA.jpg
    SSipU%wrQqGPIx7yr9NwjA.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 202
  • 7MFi1opUS%6L88HD93f8Wg.jpg
    7MFi1opUS%6L88HD93f8Wg.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 188
My first post! I just bought a version of a Bruder but made by North Coast Campers (Brian) and distributed by offroadrv.com (Bill) . Off Road Sniper X Expedition. I saw it at the show in Arrington, VA last Saturday at Overland EAST. I had originally come to look at the Black Series and a few other ones but when I walked in the door of this camper, I immediately heard myself say this was going to be ours.
Not saying that is the way to do it, lol, but that was how it happened.
Listen, if you think you are going to buy one or something like these, go to these shows and buy the demo. Mine was a prototype that they have been showing. Not one thing wrong, but they do not want to have to haul these things back to where they came from (in my case, this trailer is distributed out of Oklahoma) but made in Australia. Not only did I get a killer deal, I did not have to wait for it to be made, shipped and go through customs. I know absolutely nothing about camping, except the few times I went tent camping, but I just jumped in and did it. Opportunity was there. I saved $30,000.00 doing that. I know it is not on the same level as the Bruder, but I will never know what I am missing. Has the suspension like all Australian made off road trailers do....the owner, Brian, is the guy on the right in the picture with 2 guys in it. The other guy is Bill, the U.S. distributor. Brian was there at the show and we spent close to 4 hours talking to him while he pointed out every thing about the trailer. We did send it back with them to put an AC unit in it. East Coast summer humidity is a deal breaker for me. As I said, I am jumping in head first but I wanted a camper that I could grow up with and would last longer than most anything out there while giving me the option to expand into boon docking when I feel like I know what I am doing. I should be getting pictures from them tomorrow and if you are interested, I can post those of the inside. I have a ton of ideas to make the space more usable, so like buying a house, you have to start with the shell, and I may eventually change things around to get more storage/space. But, that too will be a process of learning what I will need. This is a 14' model and has a shower/toilet in it but not sure how much we will actually use it but nice to have if we did need it.
The 14' kitchen is outside, on mine, which is similar to the one pictured above by Zone RV,which is ok by me because I do not want a lot of smells lingering around in such an enclosed space, adding heat when it is summer and what not. The Australian versions have to have the doors put on the opposite side for the U.S. market because the door has to be on the curb side of the street. They have their doors on the opposite side (although some of these open from the back) Many different ways to configure.

Zone RV is taking orders now for delivery to the United States. I sold my current camper today and have been communicating with Jay Born at Zone RV in Australia by FaceTime and email for about a week. I've almost finished the process of choosing options for a new EXP-12. Jay and Zone RV have been very helpful and willing to source and install options that aren't included in their standard build sheet including my choice of Thule bike rack components, an RF brake control system, a Furrion back up camera, etc. It will either be delivered in March for me to pick it up in LA or San Diego. Another option is to pick it up at the Overland Expo in Flagstaff in May. I've been very impressed with the people I've dealt with at Zone. These are truly "bespoke" products. Expensive, but I think it will be worth it.

I conskidered the EXP-15 that provides a more room, an indoor kitchen and a small lounge/dinette. Zone hasn't started production on this model--if I ordered one, it would be the first one produced. That made me a little nervous. Also, there is a big price jump to go along with the three extra feet in length

I looked at the Bruder as well but, like others have said, there doesn't seem to be much info on these other than what Bruder itself puts out. The hard-sided trailer that I'm really interested in is this model from an Australian company called Zone RV. They make a 10-ft, 12-ft, and 15-ft version of their Expedition Series trailer. The 15-ft has a kitchen area inside, although it looks to be quite a price jump from the 12-ft. The guys at Zone RV have pretty thoroughly bashed this thing around various off-road destinations in the Australian outback (check their YouTube channel), so I think they are built to last.

View attachment 531614

I'm looking at a 12-ft model myself. It has a queen bed on the lower level and then an option for another queen bed in the pop top area. Kitchen, fridge, pantry are accessed from outside. Zone RV says they expect to be taking orders for shipment to the USA starting in January 2020.

Cruiser

Adventurer
I was just in your camper at Arrington. I really like that design, congrats on your purchase!! The wife wants to sell our camper for one. Its going to be a couple more years till we do. I'd like to be ready to leave the job and just travel.
Make sure you post up lots of pictures!!

WFOORBUST

donthompson, Any word on your Zone? I'm looking at the same one and was hoping to see it at Expo but we know how that went!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior