Bucher Duro. 6x6 for sale.

jkam

nomadic man
Ran across this when someone posted a link to the web site.

Looks like a nice platform for an expedition vehicle.

http://www.swissarmyvehicles.com/vehiclelist.php?cat=3

shfull.php
shfull.php

The Yak

Observer
There is another Bucher Duro for sale, this one in Scotland UK. Specifically, it is an ex military communications truck, but could make a good expedition vehicle.

It is on ebay. I cannot get a link to work but it should be found under 'bucher duro mobile communications camper motorhome military expedition 6x6'.

The Yak.

peneumbra

Explorer
Just import it at night (after 11 p.m.) when everybody's sleeping, and you'll be fine!

(Please eat this message after reading.)

That's the confusing part. Apparently it's already here (see photo, it's in front of a US address, so imported already?) but not possible to title/tag- according to them.

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
These are what replaced the Pinzgauer in the Swiss military... Pretty nice in some ways - less off-road capable I hear.

Asking price is $25K

They have a tilt cab which is nice for maintenance but would make a walk through difficult. not impossible though... strange suspension setup with inboard disc brakes.

Ball

Observer
That's the confusing part. Apparently it's already here (see photo, it's in front of a US address, so imported already?) but not possible to title/tag- according to them.

I don't know why you're confused. It's not legal to drive on public roads because it isn't licensed.

If you import a vehicle that isn't yet 25 years old you can only drive it on private roads or tow it.

Gotta keep pandering to Detroit so they don't get competition for vehicles they will never make.

Let me make it a little easier to understand.
The truck is already imported into the USA. But it's NOT actually legal to import, under any circumstance, for more than a year...so not sure how the got around that one.
I just want[ed] to buy it. I'll deal with registering or 'licensing' it in some other country where I won't be dealing with stupid 25-year rules (of which I am completely aware of the precise details, having imported several trucks already). :smiley_drive:

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
Let me make it a little easier to understand.
The truck is already imported into the USA. But it's NOT actually legal to import, under any circumstance, for more than a year...so not sure how the got around that one.

Like all foreigners do - it must have been registered in another country, and someone drove (or shipped) it in as a tourist, driving on the foreign plates.
It's perfectly legal and simple to do. Obviously they just didn't take it back out when they were supposed to.

It's the getting the US plates that's hard/impossible.

-Dan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior