Building The "Bug Out"

ghcoe

Adventurer
Building the Bug Out Trailer. This trailer is of foam/canvas construction and is designed to fit on a Harbor Freight or similar light or heavy duty 4x8 trailer. My YouTube Channel is still new, but I will be adding more detailed videos of the build process.

Been having good success so far with this foam build. Here is a short video from last trip out. Thanks for looking George.

Is A Foam Trailer Strong?

Build videos.
Tools used In The Bug Out Build.

Trailers To Use For The Bug Out Build (light duty).

Materials Used In The Bug Out Build.

Hardware Used In The Bug Out Build

Last edited:

ghcoe

Adventurer
Water crossing test.....Check!

Water was deep and swift enough to push #2 sideways. Don't worry camp gear and bedding where still dry. Not a drop of water got inside....

Heading to the fishing hole title paint.png

ghcoe

Adventurer
Looks like at some point there was a split on trailers, manufactured and DIY. If someone could move this thread over that would be great. Thanks, George.

billiebob

AWESOME build. I've thought of this often but never had the guts to experiment with glues, coverings, finishes. Absolutely a great process. And very well presented. I've also thought about using a Prius or Stupid Car as a tow vehicle... this would make that a reality.

ghcoe

Adventurer
AWESOME build. I've thought of this often but never had the guts to experiment with glues, coverings, finishes. Absolutely a great process. And very well presented. I've also thought about using a Prius or Stupid Car as a tow vehicle... this would make that a reality.
Yes, perfect for vehicles that have low tow capacities. Also, great to tow around in the back country. This is a video from it's latest adventure . George.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94