Building your own canopy/camper.

FBJR

Adventurer
That looks stout. I was thinking an engineered beam would be stronger until I saw you tripled it.

I used engineered beams in my garage, light and strong!

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
That looks stout. I was thinking an engineered beam would be stronger until I saw you tripled it.

I used engineered beams in my garage, light and strong!
Yes i understand the engineered stuff. Out here I build things to last 100 years. I want all my family generations to inherit and enjoy what the old man left behind.. Thats why I make a triple beam that is glued and nailed together....:Wow1:

FBJR

Adventurer
The butt joined truss makes sense now with the sheathing.

Oh for Happy New Year you forgot the :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Fixed it!!

Last edited:

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
The butt joined truss makes sense now with the sheathing.

Oh for Happy New Year you forgot the (beer emoli goes here)
Well thank you sir and a happy new year to all!:wings::cool::friday::exclaim::beer::beer::beer::punk03::REOutShootinghunter:REOutShootinghunter:REOutShootinghunter:ar15::ar15::ar15::smileeek:

Here you can see the gable end roof truss in place....

and a brace to hold it in place....:)
After not being on Expo for a month or so, I clicked on the last page of your thread here and the first thing I saw was this picture; I immediately though HOLY S*** he must be remodeling his camper and he's not joking around. Was about to ask if you'd purchased a HEMTT and then I realized your building a building haha.

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
After not being on Expo for a month or so, I clicked on the last page of your thread here and the first thing I saw was this picture; I immediately though HOLY S*** he must be remodeling his camper and he's not joking around. Was about to ask if you'd purchased a HEMTT and then I realized your building a building haha.
Ha Ha Mr Ed you make me laugh. A Hemtt would be a cool vehicle and the roof truss would probably fit it but its a tad to big for my use. But yes this is my new garage and living quarters above that I am constructing. Cheers, Chilli..:)