Building your own canopy/camper.

billiebob

Actually a YJ, one of the last vehicles made with a carb. Both the Jetta & the ForeRunner would flood at 30 below if not plugged in. A carb fuel pump develops 5psi? EFI pumps at 80 plus psi. When you flood with EFI you need an oil change. At 40 below you don't do it outside. And the shops charge at least $200 to change the oil. I did it twice, we sold the ForeRunner and went shopping for any 4x4 with a carb. Best buy was an '87 YJ for $3500.

I kept a pickle jar of gas beside the brake booster and poured in some gas every morning... for 8 years. It always started.

This was when snowmobiles were converting to EFI 4 Strokes. It was hilarious when we snowmobiled to a cabin, stayed overnite, and left the next morning. 2 strokes, pump the primer, pull the cord. 4 strokes, flood it, pull out the generator, plug in the block heater for an hour, try again. And change the oil when you got home.

I can probably see your home from mine.

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Actually a YJ, one of the last vehicles made with a carb. Both the Jetta & the ForeRunner would flood at 30 below if not plugged in. A carb fuel pump develops 5psi? EFI pumps at 80 plus psi. When you flood with EFI you need an oil change. At 40 below you don't do it outside. And the shops charge at least $200 to change the oil. I did it twice, we sold the ForeRunner and went shopping for any 4x4 with a carb. Best buy was an '87 YJ for $3500.

View attachment 511869

I kept a pickle jar of gas beside the brake booster and poured in some gas every morning... for 8 years. It always started.

This was when snowmobiles were converting to EFI 4 Strokes. It was hilarious when we snowmobiled to a cabin, stayed overnite, and left the next morning. 2 strokes, pump the primer, pull the cord. 4 strokes, flood it, pull out the generator, plug in the block heater for an hour, try again. And change the oil when you got home.

I can probably see your home from mine.

Cool write up Billie. It must have been an adventure... Cheers, Chilli...😎