Bumper advice

Stumpalump

Expedition Leader
Hey guys,

I'm looking into off-road bumpers for my 2014 jk unlimited. I'm thinking either rugged ridge xhd modular bumpers or smittybilt atlas bumpers. What are you feelings on them? Any other recommendations?

Thanks for the help
If you want cool and bumpers that the Jeep crowd will ogle over then buy a welder and grinder an wip up what you want. I'm going to a jeep meet and greet this weekend and as usual the home built stuff will be getting all of the admiration. I love it when 5 guys are gawking over a jeep with home brew ingenuity while it's parked right next to a 80k credit card bought mall cruiser.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
So far, so good with my SB Atlas rear bumper. I wanted the ability to carry two 20L jerry cans on the bumper with my spare, without them sitting six feet in the air like a couple of the alternatives out there. I also wanted full width, with the ability to step at the outside edges, something missing on most of the other options out there. I like the steep departure angle of the bumper. It is also well tied into the frame, with an integrated receiver. I have made a couple of modifications. I am not using the SB CMBL bracket and am using one that mounts to the tailgate. For the money, it does everything I want it to so far. For those running Cherokees, SB now has an Atlas version for those.

View attachment 210411

Damn. for the price, this has me rethinking bumpers for my rig. 699 for the front and 999 for the rear and both are very nice looking. The extra gas capacity, step on the side to access my roof rack, and other features make this rear bumper a nice addition to my rig. the milage will suffer from weight a bit but I will fix that with a programmer and some intake and exhaust duties.

Last edited:

crawler#976

Expedition Leader
LOD Armor Lite was our choice. 33 lbs vs. 80 or more = less weight, better MPG, yet it's steel vs plastic for the stock. With a winch and synthetic rope we only added 70 lbs to the front.

Sent via gigawatt laser...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles