Buy a Rubicon, get a Habitat for Free!

DaVikes

Adventurer
Just saw this at local dealer in Denver. Judging from the price and the verbiage, they have no idea that there is a Habitat on the Jeep, lol. Does anyone know anything about this Jeep? From Carfax, it appears that the Jeep was traded in on a Toyota. Also, I looked it over quickly. The seam where the lid meets the body of the camper on the driver's side did not look as I think it ought to. It perhaps looked like the dealer closed it improperly and the lid was slightly curved upward/outward. You can almost see it in the picture of the left side. Is this even possible? I'm not really in the market, but on a warm day I could be talked into checking it out more thoroughly.

https://www.larryhmillercoloradochryslerjeep.com/used/Jeep/2015-Jeep-Wrangler+Unlimited-9f5b33bc0a0e0ae737519f11e704cbc6.htm?tcdcmpid=490616&tcdvehicleid=9f5b33bc0a0e0ae737519f11e704cbc6&tcdadid=37377464&utm_medium=display&utm_source=ddcads&utm_campaign=usedremarketing&sd_digadprov=dealerdotcom&ddcref=display&impId=1517959915576_5a7a3aeb00077d5a0a01ab01c405d216_ACT_B_4533960_S_1003_EUIDS_Fq4mh0C3BcnPqKvgPgHciz4l_EUIDE_EXCHG_1

Texas Aggie

Observer
I could be wrong, but I don't think that's a real Rubicon (despite the decals on the hood). In the photo of the gear shift and console, it doesn't look like it has the buttons for axle lock and sway bar disconnect. Still might be a decent buy with the Habitat, but not nearly as good as it would be if it's a Rubicon.

Edit: I checked the VIN on some of the free websites, and it looks like it is a Rubicon. I thought they all had buttons for for the axle lock and sway bar disconnect on the bottom of the center stack in front of the shifter, but I guess not?
2nd edit: Further research reveals the axle lock and sway bar disconnect buttons were relocated to the left of the steering wheel in the later Rubicons. They aren't shown in the photos, but it appears to be a Rubicon based on the VIN. I'd say this is a pretty good deal considering all the aftermarket additions (Habitat, Fox shocks, bumper, etc.)

Last edited:

pat11784

KBB lists retail book value in my area as only $32k plus add whatever that top is worth minus the value of the factory hardtop. It's a decent price but not a screaming deal. At least it should still have 2+ yrs/55k on the factory powertrain warranty

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior