Buy trousers

Edipo

Hallo,

I am writing because I am looking for a good brand of trousers with elastic waist (so that you can wear it if you put on or lose weight) and that you can wear in the all day life, in winter and summer, maybe in different models.
I have already looked for in the sport shops but I get lost among all the goods for all the sport so I thought to ask someone that has already used it.
The best is that they are not too showy and with some pockets for my wallet and phone: the price, under a certain limit, is not a big problem.

I don't know, maybe there is something among fitness or trekking goods...it's your turn to speak!!
I have already tried BonPrix, Freddy and Nike but I am looking for something better.

If you could suggest me, other than the model and the brand, where I could find and buy online (with shipment to Italy) it would really be the best.

Thank you

Last edited:

bucketosudz

Explorer
I like the Tactical 5.11 in a variety of flavors. They are rugged and you can get them in a lighter ripstop material. Just a idea for you to consider.

haven

Expedition Leader
Several models of ExOfficio trousers have an elastic waist band. These are made of a lightweight nylon, so they can be washed in the sink and dried overnight, great for extended trips.

The ExOfficio Convertible Pants have zip-off lower legs so you can switch to shorts as the day warms up, or when you want to swim. When opened partway, the zips provide ventilation when there are too many bugs around to wear shorts.

The nylon in these models isn't thick enough to give much protection, so if I'm planning to be scrambling over rocks or walking in vegetation that has lots of thorns, I wear trousers that are made of thicker material. I have an old pair of North Face trousers that works in these conditions.

ExOfficio and North Face gear is very expensive. You might find similar products for less money at REI, Cabela's, or Columbia Sportswear.

Chip Haven

grasshopper104

Adventurer
Yeah - I concur on the 5.11 tactical pants. The TacLite Pro which are available at Brigade Quartermaster and LA Police Gear, I have several pairs and those are my favorite. Light weight and durable.

Crikeymike

Adventurer
I just got a few pairs of ExOfficio pants to wear at Moab next week. I chose a couple of pairs of convertible pants (legs can zip off) and one pair of air strip pants that have massive amounts of mesh in them to keep everything cool.

Yes, a bit pricey, but they feel pretty good and their shirts have always been very effective for me in hot weather.

Crikeymike

Adventurer
These are the convertible pants I got.

http://www.exofficio.com/product_de...6521&key=f66f14a8-072c-452c-9287-c95ce52071d8

These are the ultralight airstrip pants with all of the ventilation.

http://www.exofficio.com/product_de...5009&key=754b3085-5448-48ab-8bc5-688ec23dc3d7

Both of these are "insect shield" pants which will/should keep the bugs away. I've got a variety of their shirts, and I generally get the long sleeves so that I can keep them down in the sun and/or at night to keep from getting sunburned and keep the bugs off.

I also just got one of these hats, but haven't tried it yet. It's incredibly light and will pack dead flat.
http://www.exofficio.com/product_de...0814&key=f66f14a8-072c-452c-9287-c95ce52071d8

Nullifier

Expedition Leader
Well Down here in Fl I practically live in ExO Amphi convertibles. In fact I just ordered 2 more pair for $29 each on sierra prading post. Being able to go from Pant to short is critical for my needs since I am constantly on or around water. The other benefit is the compact size for travel. You can go from the trail to dinner in them which really helps when trying to minimize the amount of clothing needed on a trip.

The ExO products really holds up well, and the insect a shield line actually works which is nice in the swamp.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior