C5500 TopKick 4x4 Crew Cab Build

You would have to salvage parts from a bunch of wrecked Teslas, and then re-engineer everything to make a medium duty truck. There are truck builders in the SLC area. Savage Trucks built a lot of the Front Discharge Concrete mixers that are used in your area. A lot of those mixers were also 6 X 6. I am looking forward to seeing your next concepts for campers. After investing a lot of time to follow this thread, I am sure I am not alone. What you have done is very impressive and the best part is that you are able to get out and use it! I hope your boys realize how cool you are as a Dad!
I am making a similar move, going from my Dodge, up to a 4 door FL60 with a Cat and Allison. I did not want to get quite so long with the crew cab, but Mrs. NWNO likes the 4 door, so...

NeverEnough

Adventurer
You would have to salvage parts from a bunch of wrecked Teslas, and then re-engineer everything to make a medium duty truck. There are truck builders in the SLC area. Savage Trucks built a lot of the Front Discharge Concrete mixers that are used in your area. A lot of those mixers were also 6 X 6. I am looking forward to seeing your next concepts for campers. After investing a lot of time to follow this thread, I am sure I am not alone. What you have done is very impressive and the best part is that you are able to get out and use it! I hope your boys realize how cool you are as a Dad!
I am making a similar move, going from my Dodge, up to a 4 door FL60 with a Cat and Allison. I did not want to get quite so long with the crew cab, but Mrs. NWNO likes the 4 door, so...
You'll like the Freightliner, they move a bit quicker on the hills than the Internationals. Heading out in a few weeks for a long loop into Canada, back through Wyoming to catch the eclipse. Rig is running great. Biggest issues are with electrical components. Just had to replace the stereo in cab, awning motor, one of my bumper LED driving lights just fried, and the cooling fan on the inverter is making a racket. I also just replaced the door seals to try and get a quieter ride. That's another plus of the FL's- their doors don't flap in the wind like the Internationals. I've tried about everything, about ready to install some Southco latches inside to clamp them down tighter!
RV.jpg

Overland Explorer

Supporting Sponsor
You'll like the Freightliner, they move a bit quicker on the hills than the Internationals. Heading out in a few weeks for a long loop into Canada, back through Wyoming to catch the eclipse. Rig is running great. Biggest issues are with electrical components. Just had to replace the stereo in cab, awning motor, one of my bumper LED driving lights just fried, and the cooling fan on the inverter is making a racket. I also just replaced the door seals to try and get a quieter ride. That's another plus of the FL's- their doors don't flap in the wind like the Internationals. I've tried about everything, about ready to install some Southco latches inside to clamp them down tighter!
View attachment 410183
You may want to try the following. The Ford Super Duty crowd have been doing this mod for years with success.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4XR-J7VTN80

Updates

As it always does, Summer will soon conclude and all the kids will be back at school, so we are all looking forward to updates on your month long trip and other times you have used this awesome combo.

NeverEnough

Adventurer
As it always does, Summer will soon conclude and all the kids will be back at school, so we are all looking forward to updates on your month long trip and other times you have used this awesome combo.
I wish it was a full month, but we did manage 16 days, which is a record for me (sad but true). I put new tires on the truck, had it serviced, loaded up the kayaks, mountain bikes, climbing gear, fly rods and headed north. We paddled the Greys, Snake, Gallitan, Flathead, Kananaskis, and Athabasca rivers, and had some great biking, hiking, fishing, and climbing from Idaho to Jasper, Alberta. A lot of smoke from the fires, but it was still beautiful. We finished off with the eclipse at the top of Union Peak at the north end of the Wind River mountains in Wyoming. The truck and camper performed perfectly. I love western Canada and the culture of kindness that is omnipresent. My youngest put together a little video of some of the sights from the trip, linked below.

RVatAthabasca.jpg

https://youtu.be/ah8YzLCsJ1o

dwh

Tail-End Charlie
That was an extremely impressive video. Camera work, editing, pacing. A+, 5 stars.

LoRoad

Adventurer
Everyone is born with talents meant to be shared with the rest of the human race - talents which make all of us better. That he has found his talent at such a young age, is remarkable and wonderful, he has such a fantastic future ahead of him. And it will make the world a better place... please young sir, continue!

Impressive Video

If I did not know any better, I thought I was watching an Alberta Tourism video. Extremely well done and great drone flying shots! That young man is going to do quite well with that ability. Must have some good parenting!

NeverEnough

Adventurer
Everyone is born with talents meant to be shared with the rest of the human race - talents which make all of us better. That he has found his talent at such a young age, is remarkable and wonderful, he has such a fantastic future ahead of him. And it will make the world a better place... please young sir, continue!
Coming from you, that means a lot!

NorthwestNorthernOntario said:
If I did not know any better, I thought I was watching an Alberta Tourism video. Extremely well done and great drone flying shots! That young man is going to do quite well with that ability. Must have some good parenting!
Thanks, and his mom gets all the parenting credit for sure!

And thanks to all for checking out his work, the more views the better for a young YouTuber!