CA -> UT -> CO (Warning: TONS of pictures!)

Kya

Adventurer
Great looking trip! You and your wife should consider (if you haven't already) getting some zip-together sleeping bags. My wife and I have had this type of setup forever, and I have to say it's a million times warmer and a billion times more comfortable!

What an awesome trip!! I love your ability to travel with a vague plan, but make it up as you go. Must have been a fresh change from last time.

CSG

Explorer
What a great trip report! You blended together boondocking, campgrounds, and the occasional hotel. So many of the reports I see here with such beautifully built rigs seem to show the rigs at organized campgrounds and not the back country they're designed for. Anyway, great job and photos; I almost felt like I was along for the ride with you guys.

hscoots

Great report and pictures.
This spot had a wooden stair case leading down to some holes. Packed with fish. They weren’t as eager to bite as the fish were in the lake, but I somehow managed to get a few.
That's one of my favorite fishing spots in Utah, so many fish but so hard to get them.

galvyork

Adventurer
Lots of good places in DIXIE NF. I live in Cedar City and its an awesome place. Hit me up if you come back this way. Great pics!

TwistedGray

Observer
Looked like a blast, pretty sure I saw you both up in the Lost Coast a little over a month ago? Or someone has a very similar set-up there.

SmoothLC

Explorer
Nice TR. I learned how to fly fish just a few years ago on some of the streams near Electric Lake. Great area. Thanks for sharing.

NetDep

Adventurer
Thanks for taking the time to share all of that with us!! Fantastic write up and the pictures are amazing!! Great eye and the occasional B&W artsy treatment was appreciated!! Looking forward to more!! Cool to see the Kiva Koffehouse - we found it accidentally on a trip from SLC to Escalante and the slot canyons. I LOVE that part of the country and can't wait to spend more time there!!

littleblue81

Damn, I must have turned off email notifications for post updates.

Looked like a blast, pretty sure I saw you both up in the Lost Coast a little over a month ago? Or someone has a very similar set-up there.

Yes, we were exploring up there, must have been us lol. You see us at the beach camp ground?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz