Seawali

Good Day,
any idea about that... ?
Looking looking and looking... :drool:

How my favorite Unicat did it? :sombrero:

Adam

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
Some campers have had trouble keeping the boot attached to both cab and cabin, though it's likely still the way to go. However, my 416 DoKa, Camper Mog, had an unusual system that worked very well.

A flange about 6" deep was attached around three sides (left, right, top) of the cabin while an identical flange was attached to the cab. The dimensions of the cab flange were about two inches smaller top-to-bottom and left-to-right than the cabin flange. Thus, the cab flange fit inside of the cabin flange with about six inches of overlap and about two inches of clearance to allow some movement. Some light-duty foam was stuffed in the space to cut down on air intrusion, and little aluminun strips were attached over the intersections to keep out rain.

Worked like a charm. Note that Camper Mog's cabin was mounted in a way that it's front end didn't flex much different than the cab. With a mounting system with more relative flex, you'd likely need need bigger clearances.

dzzz

I suggest talking to a supplier about the best installation technique. Usually these seals are designed to be attached to a U channel that has been attached to both sides.

There are two companies most people use, but I couldn't find my links.

rynosurf

Adventurer
I had an upholstery shop make a boot for my old camper out of Marine grade vinyl. It worked great and never leaked, I had to patch a very small hole in the outer layer once, I'm not sure what caused it but it was easy to fix with a vinyl repair kit. I dont know how well it would hold up with a lot of flex but I punished it a bit and it never came apart.
Toyota006.jpg
Toyota007.jpg

These are the only pics I have of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior