Camp Stove Help!

Lt Dan

Observer
Hello all,

I have been scouring the web looking for a camp stove that uses a flexible fuel line to attach to the 1lbs propane cylinders .

My plan is to use the stove on my JKU tail gate table (24x12.5).

Plenty of stoves fit in that dimension but when the rigid fuel line/fuel canister is attached, it won't work.

My plan would be to hang/attach the canister to the tail gate in some fashion tbd.

Any ideas/help would be greatly appreciated.

Lt Dan

ottsville

Observer
You can buy a hose that will go from 1lb tank to the regulator on your stove, or better yet a bulk tank to your stove.

NatersXJ6

Explorer
Camp chef makes a small flexible line regulator for the summit series stoves. Only available on their website.

Lt Dan

Observer
Thanks for all the ideas!

The Camp Chef flexible line/regulator is the ticket except it seems to be unobtainable.

I should have clarified I'd like a two burner stove.

Gas One makes a two burner but seems it's an inch to wide, once my tail gate table is installed I'll look closer at that one.

https://www.stansport.com/outfitter-series-2-burner-propane-stove-blue-212-50

Does any one have any experience with stansport stoves?

They offer a flexible fuel line that is available on amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Stansport-30-Inch-Regular-Appliance-Cylinder/dp/B005EUE214

In the reviews folks talk about using this with a Camp Chef?

Thanks You again

Dan

dcg141

Adventurer
I have a Coleman and a Camp Chef stove and both input lines are of similar design but the collars are different diameter. I see in the comments that the Stansport line will not work with Coleman stoves but seems to work with Camp Chef. I have a hunch that the Stansport and Camp Chef are the same hookup, You could always order the hose and go to a retail store and see if it will hook up to a Camp Chef. If not return it to Amazon. I have not had a Stansport stove but have seen them in stores and the build quality looks the same as Camp Chef. Also some Primus stoves come with flexible hose hookups. I have a Firehole that came with one but that stove has been discontinued. It even has a place molded into the bottom to store the hose. Primus Kinjia
Kinjia Video

Last edited:

john61ct

Adventurer
I really do not understand the emphasis on hoses coming from the Stove Maker. Again, choose whatever stove you like best fits your use case, and use it anywhere you like, no need to make the hose / fittings available from that vendor influence your purchase.

Hose is hose, and if concerned about quality and longevity, having a stove maker brand on it is no guarantee.

Threads connecting fittings are all standardized, just need the jargon / vocabulary.

Outside the butane / propane specific world, NPT thread is the best lowest-common denominator to use in North America, for this use case I would just use 1/4", only go to 3/8" if needed for very high BTU units, long distances or multiple appliances.

Even if the connection right at the stove is proprietary - highly unlikely - adapters are readily found, you just need the make and model #s.

And different locations or uses for the same stove are easy, different hose lengths vs fixed copper plumbing, using different tanks sizes etc is just a matter of collecting another few fittings / adapters.

Lt Dan

Observer
I really do not understand the emphasis on hoses coming from the Stove Maker. Again, choose whatever stove you like best fits your use case, and use it anywhere you like, no need to make the hose / fittings available from that vendor influence your purchase.

Hose is hose, and if concerned about quality and longevity, having a stove maker brand on it is no guarantee.

Threads connecting fittings are all standardized, just need the jargon / vocabulary.

Outside the butane / propane specific world, NPT thread is the best lowest-common denominator to use in North America, for this use case I would just use 1/4", only go to 3/8" if needed for very high BTU units, long distances or multiple appliances.

Even if the connection right at the stove is proprietary - highly unlikely - adapters are readily found, you just need the make and model #s.

And different locations or uses for the same stove are easy, different hose lengths vs fixed copper plumbing, using different tanks sizes etc is just a matter of collecting another few fittings / adapters.

Hi John61t,

For myself it comes down to feeling comfortable/safe. I figure if it comes from the manufacturer it's going to be safer then something I throw together.

Two things I don't mess around with, electric (110 on up) and explosive gasses. As Clint Eastwood once said "mans got to know his limitations".

When it comes to explosive gasses I leave that to the pros, but that's just me.

Thanks all for your input, I now have a few directions I can go depending on how much I want to spend vs convenience.

Lt Dan

chet6.7

Explorer
Hi John61t,

For myself it comes down to feeling comfortable/safe. I figure if it comes from the manufacturer it's going to be safer then something I throw together.

Two things I don't mess around with, electric (110 on up) and explosive gasses. As Clint Eastwood once said "mans got to know his limitations".

When it comes to explosive gasses I leave that to the pros, but that's just me.

Thanks all for your input, I now have a few directions I can go depending on how much I want to spend vs convenience.

Lt Dan
FWIW about hoses,~6.20

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior